Tag, Journal page and photographs

Hello Everyone. This week is racing ahead and my days seem to have been full of the great outdoors this week. Done lots of gardening, walking along the seafront and playing bowls in the back garden. The bowls is a fun idea we started last year. We play with anything that is round and the games are just Vic and Me. It is all very competitive but also lots of fun. Looks like the game will be called off today because it is raining. :(

At Art Journal Journey the theme this month was chosen by Elizabeth and her beautiful cat Bluebeard. They chose the theme Summertime Love and it is wonderful to see all the different ideas that people have thought of.


I used a mop up page with shimmer paint for the background then added the wonderful VW van image. Still a few of those around and I just love to see them, all lovingly restored and appearing at outdoor shows.

Go Tag Thursday has Flags/ Bunting as the theme for this week. 


The little flags and the white braid were leftover pieces that I couldn't bear to throw away. Valerie sent me the bigger pieces with other treasures years ago and I have made so many things from the wonderful package. The background is splodges of various paints and the balloons were cut from a magazine

 These naughty boys went missing for a whole night and a day and my daughter was very worried. They came home, ate a hearty meal then curled up and went to sleep for hours and hours. Felix is on the left and Willow on the right--the twin of Willow, Oscar is quiet and more of a house cat. Felix was also a twin but his brother died as few years ago.


Here's Oscar never far away from daughter Linda except when she is at work. She knitted this P.J case and he was testing it.

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx


Comments

  1. A fantastic flower power page - great for Elizabeth's and Bleubeard's theme and a fantastic tag! Love to see the pretty cats of your daughter! They have a very happy life!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journal page and tag are both fantastic, I especially love how you cut the pretty bunting. Those cats look like butter wouldn't melt in their mouths! There are still a lot of those VW campers around here, I used to love driving man in he good old days. Enjoy your bowling if the weather is good, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wie goldig die Katzen sind von deiner Tochter und das Ausbüchsen nah da waren die zwei gross drin aber die Angst dass ihnen was passiert sein können ist immer wieder da!
    Wunderschön und aufregend das Summerjournal mit diesem Oldtimer da machts richtig Spass mit so einen rumzufahren bestimmt!
    Dein Tag ist grossartig geworden!!!
    Ich wünsche dir einen schönen Tag!
    Lieben Gruss Elke




    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous post, Chrissie. I traveled by bus for 5 hours to see my old sister in the Middle of Finland. The journey wasn't pleasant at all, and the bus didn't look as fine as your bus, which is most beautiful.
    Have great time xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore your journal page! Your tag is so cheery too! Love the photo of your naughty cats! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading about the cats and seeing your lovely, colourful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page and a lovely colourful tag too, and oh those cats look s lovely and cuddly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your fantastic journal page and the Camper Van.
    There was a camper on the last site we stayed at, but is was just painted in cream, now a van like yours would be good to see in real life.
    The tag with the bunting looked wonderful, really festive and happy.
    Lovely photos of Linda's cats, it must have been worrying for her when they were out a while.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chrissie, thanks for the lovely comments. I wondered if I had wasted my money on an infuser, but then I took it along to Slimming World last night and could have a lovely drink while I was there, so I totally see the point of it now.
    The cats are cute, as naughty as my dogs I think!
    Happy belated T day.
    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad those naughty kitties came home. I bet your daughter was frantic. I would be. And I love your tribute to the 1960s. What a fun page! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, the old Peace Symbol and the famous Summer of Love VW bus. It's wonderful and I wish I'd had something that colorful when I created my Summer of Love entry. Yous even has the ying/yang symbol, too. You didn't miss a thing! I really love it, and it makes a fantastic Art Journal Journey entry today, dear Chrissie.

    Golly, that tag is fabulous. I love the balloons and the use of bits and bobs for the bunting/flags. Nothing goes to waste at your house, either I see.

    Your poor daughter. If my two got out, I'd go crazy. Glad they are back home and SAFE.

    Thanks again for sharing that fabulous 60s inspired bus for Art Journal Journey today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. BTW, I would not have known this was an AJJ entry had I not visited you from my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the hippie van lol, the tag is great with the balloons and the pussy cat looks so comfy on it's warm 'cuddly' xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  14. great tag,great journal and awwww I do love your cat photos so so sweet I have had many cats some long time ago, but no one anymore. I miss having though.
    The knittet cat? have you made this? so sweet ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful journal page with this old VW van - summer-love-peace ... yet actually!
    Your tag is wonderful! But your cats steel the show of all - they are so cute! Also the knitted cat! Good that the cats are home again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the journal page, I don't think I would want one of those camper vans now, I like my creature comforts. Mind you we didn't have one in the 60's either. Great tag as well. My 5 cats often go walkabout, I've stopped worrying about them now.
    Hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful campervan page! It reminds me of all the holidaymakers we have here especially now the schools have broken up 😀, there paint work isn't as pretty though ...Lol 😀. Lovely tag and the cats look very content being back home 😀. Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design