Journal page Day

Hello Everyone. I hope you are enjoying the weekend and fitting in some crafting along the way .Nice of you to call in at Jumbled Crafts-thank you. I have been watching tennis and doing more knitting so the craft room is filling up with fluffy creatures.

 At Country View Crafts the theme this month is Things With Wings.


I added a page to one of my journals.


The background is painted in pale pink then I threw on some Cosmic Shimmer while the paint was wet. I left some to act as a nest and painted the other to form part of the page. This nest was for my coloured owl that I had cut from one of my colouring books Then I stamped on some leaves, added a quote and a couple of little flowers that I coloured in pale shades. I did the pale shades as
More Mixed Media has anything goes as usual but with the option to add pastels. I would like to add this to Emerald City Crafts as well as they are having their very first challenge and it is Anything Goes but it can't be digital.

The next page is for  Art Journal Journey where Bluebeard and Elizabeth are the hosts this month and have chosen the theme Summer Love


This is a digital page as I photographed the page I made from the mop up on kitchen roll. I added lots of things that I had made into digital paint brushes then added the whole thing to a digital journal. I will add this Digitally Made as well where the theme is Summer Fun/ Patriotic.

Hope you enjoy your day

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. You have a very wise owl. I love the beauty and how the monochromatic background goes so well with your lovely owl.

    Of course, I'm totally in love with your beautiful summertime page. I can't believe the background started out as a mop up page. It's a genuine beauty. And, as always, I'm impressed with your digital skills, that always show off your various talents. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pages are wonderful, and I LOVE that owl. Owls are always gorgeous. I hear one every night, but haven't seen it yet. And thanks for linking your lovely page to More Mixed Media, much appreciated! Have a great Sunday, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so clever combining the digital with the handmade and I love your owl page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great Owl page and the colourchoice is awsome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful zentangle owl Chrissie! I love the way the "nest" is barely and the sentiment is so appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS work Chrissie, love that owl, it's just gorgeous. Love using cosmic shimmer always looks great as it does here...hugs.xx
    [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both pages are unique dear Chrissie! Thank you for your continued support to AJJ and Elizabeth's theme!
    Happy Sunday to you!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. How creative, photographing a used paper towel for use as a digital background ! Thanks for sharing with us at Digitally Made

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pages Chrissie. I like what that owl is thinking! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your owl is brilliant Chrissie and perfect for my things with wings challenge over at Country View..Thanks so much for joining in with the fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this wise old owl and the way you are using your colouring pages! The nest is fantastic - what brilliant idea! The mop up towel makes great background for your digital page! Hugs Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two fabulous pages Chrissie, I really love the owl and the way you created the nest. Sounds like you had inky fun.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are wonderful Chrissie, such happy colours. I'm enjoying the tennis too this year, one of the perks of retirement! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous pages Chrissie - loved the owl one especially :)
    Did you watch the Austrian F1 as well as the tennis ? I totally forgot about it..
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your journal page with that owl, so sweet...Thank you for joining us at More Mixed Media Challenge..Hugs Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design