Botanical Challenge at TIOT

Hi All. Here we are almost at the end of March and it is still cold here and today we have mist as well unfortunately. I keep reading about the high temperatures elsewhere in the UK and hoping it reaches us soon. Thank you for your visits and comments always a pleasure to welcome you here.

Time for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday where you are always pleased if you join us with your makes all you have to do is follow the theme and our few simple rules. Why not pop along and see what the team have made and look at the rules while you are there. Our whole team choose the top five from each challenge and if you are one of them you may be asked to be a guest designer for a future challenge.

The theme this time is Botanical so think flowers, trees, leaves etc.


Here is my project and it was lovely to make it as it has lots of things that I have kept for ages. They are from things that people sent to me or made for me. You may well see something from you if you look at the pictures of the pages.

I started out by using the bits that are cut off when we make square cards. I had loads of them as I made charity cards for my daughter at Christmas as she helps with the Cat Protection to raise funds.
These were covered on both sides with patterned papers I have had for years

Next an Amazon folder


A strip cut off large enough to make a book cover. This was covered in papers and then the pages were sewn onto the spine to make a book


Still some pages not yet filled. The extra piece of the folder tucks in to hold the pages together and fasten the front over it with small magnetic circles

I am also entering this at Altered Eclectics where anything altered is welcome

Hope you will join us and also that you will join us at Tag Tuesday for the Birds and Nests theme that still has almost another week for you to make a tag

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx






Comments

  1. Wow, wow, wow, this is completely stunning Chrissie, and it looks as if you had loads of fun with it! Each page just looks fantastic!! And I love how you did the cover too, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning project! Gorgeous! I am thrilled about your always so super ideas Chrissie!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissie you are so creative AND inspiring. Loving this work.xx ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful book! Such gorgeous pages that you have clearly had fun making! A lovely way of preserving those memories too! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Chrissie, gorgeous pages and a great piece of recycling with the cover, looks fantastic. A brilliant way of using all those lovely embellishments and scraps too.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Chrissie, this is a fabulous project, It must have taken hours for you to make. A great way to recycle and use up our stored items.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome is this ? totally amazing creation my friend. Kudos !!
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing and beautiful too, clever you to recycle everything too, it's gorgeous.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fantastic creation Chrissie, a real WOW! piece! Love it. Just crawled home very tired, so off to put my feet up. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my, but are you not the creative one! What a lovely way to use scraps and to also use the wonderful gift items. Nice work! Thanks for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful project Chrissie, the cover and all the pages are gorgeous.
    Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous project, so great to use all those things you've received.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing project Chrissie! I love all the purples and pinks, such a wonderful combination! So many pages and each one full of all kinds of fantastic elements! I adore the champagne bottle and glasses, and your layered flowers on the front are so amazing! Such a lot of work, but totally worth it, it's fantastic! have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe I missed this, Chrissie. I love the tutorial, too. I was struck by the closure using tiny magnets, and loved all the flowers, butterflies, as well as the recycled and gifted items. This is quite remarkable, and I adore what you've done so far.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love altered book. Beautiful details. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month. Hope to see you back here next month. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an incredible book, Chrissie - fabulous upcycling (love Amazon!) and wonderful springtime colours in all those layers and pages and pockets. A real stunner!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Of course I have one of these Amazon folders in my stash... Couldn't throw it away could I... just thought it would come in handy one day and here's a fabulous way of using it! I simply love every page of your book, very special Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a stunning and beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design