Thursday Tag and photographs

Hi All. Last post from me for a week or more as we will be visiting daughter Linda and her husband in Cumbria then off to North Yorkshire after that. Not too sure when we will be back it all depends on the weather and our energy levels. Hoping to have internet connection sometime but will catch-up when I get back if not. 

At Tag Tuesday we have the Texture theme chosen by our team member Wendy. Everyone is welcome to join in with us with their take on the theme. You can use any medium you like to create your tag

This tag has corrugated card and ordinary card in the form of butterflies. It has texture paste. wood, a mirror, complete with me and my camera trying to take a picture. Mustn't forget the bit of fluffy wool as a tie as well.

I would like to enter this at Go Tag Thursday  where the theme this week is Anything Goes. Don't forget to enter there if you make a tag this week for anywhere else and especially if you make one for the texture challenge.

Try it on Tuesday still have plenty of time left for you to join in the Steampunk/ Mechanical Challenge and you can make whatever you like so long it follows our theme


Now for some photographs of Goole. I did say I didn't think I would like to go again but we will be going again sometime as we still have their museum to see and a Waterways Park. Not sure why I said I didn't want to go again but some places just make you feel like that I guess. It is a busy inland port with lots of big lorries and noisy traffic on the road we walked along. It did seem a very long way to the Waterways Museum but would have been a stone's throw if we had a car.

Along the busy road

Along the busy road

Along the busy road

Along the busy road

All around the town and outskirts there are paintings on the wall but the roads were too busy to go and have a close look at them
I think the paintings were all painted by the same artist as they had the same style but were all of different kinds of sailing vessels. Would be good to follow the trail another time.

The boats seem to be occupied with residents and quite a large community

A wall on the road to the Waterway Museum








 Inside the museum--lots to see in  there and read about as well--lovely friendly people and a little cafe
 An old coal barge
 Walking back on the busy road
 The other side of the road
 Large cargo ship in a dock
 Station roof-we were waiting for the train home
Looking at the the structures in first photograph, from the station

That's enough from me to keep you all going for a week I'm sure

See you soon

Love Chrissie xx


Comments

  1. Love your gorgeous tag, so much texture, and the photo of you in the glass is fun! Great photos from Goole, it looks very interesting, love all the old industrial buildings. Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great texture on your tag Chrissi. Awesome journey with your pics and love it.
    [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in awe of that textured tag. It is wonderful. You certainly put a lot of texture in it.

    Goole is quite unique. I was impressed with the grain elevators and the busy dusty road that led you to the museum. I really enjoyed seeing photos of it. They have some incredible antiques there. I really enjoyed seeing them.

    Have a safe and enjoyable trip and fun time with your daughter. We will miss you, too. Thanks for sharing your trip to Goole with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag Chrissie, so much texture and love the little mirror with you in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband would have been all about the waterways museum and so it would have been top on his visiting list. :) Cool photos though. And your tag is gorgeous. Love how you created such nice texture. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag Chrissie, great textures, lovely photos too. Enjoy your holiday.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Tag with great texture. I love it much. So nice photos from the museum and the area outside. Mostly I like the old railway station roof, so nice.
    Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful textured tag Chrissie and I love the photos from Goole! What an interesting place to visit!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fabulous textures on your tag Chrissie.
    The photos of the Waterways museum looked really interesting. Goole strikes me as being busy and industrial, the paintings on the wall must be a welcome sight to brighten up the area.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the textures on your tag Chrissie, and your photo's are brilliant. Have a fab time on your holidays, I hope the sun shines for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great tag Chrissie, lots of lovely textures. Great photos from your visit to Goole.
    Have a lovely time away.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing texture on the tag. I must use some corrugatd card myself, it is a great way of adding interest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tag is fabulous, Chrissie. Wonderful details on it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the fabulous textures you used on this tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh I love how you get out and about so much, love the textures on your fab tag too xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love your textured tag, from the corrugat in the background to those lovely butterflies. Thanks for sharing your Waterways excursion, and I hope you have a wonderful time on your travels in Cumbria and North Yorks.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your textured tag! So much texture, fabulous! Cool photos too - I could hear the traffic! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Forgot to say have a lovely holiday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous tag Chrissie, fabulous background. I hope you are having a great trip... xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great textures on your tag Chrissie, enjoy your trip to your daughter's

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome photos Chrissie...
    I love your tag, the textured background is gorgeous...
    Thank you for joining in with this weeks challenge at Go Tag Thursday x

    ReplyDelete
  22. marvelous tag! happy travels! xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your textured tag! It's great to see your photos of Goole! I seem to remember Goole as very wet and rainy - but then we probably went there because it was wet and rainy elsewhere and it was somewhere different to explore! It certainly looks although there is lot to see now! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW what a fabulous selection of photos, I love that wall painting xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design