Tag, card and Journal Page

Hello Everyone. I can't believe Friday  has come around again already, where does the time go I wonder?  Hope you have had a good week and thank you for all of your visits at Jumbled Crafts.

At Go Tag Thursday the theme this week is Feathers and I have been looking for some real feathers but none around at the moment so I made a digital tag instead

 I made a feathered background then found this image of the sweet little finch that was moulting

I am joining in at the Double D Challenge that I saw on Annie's blog. Not my usual style but Avril sent me some really beautiful die cuts and I wanted to try them on projects-thank you  Avril. The theme for the challenge is Black and White.


At Art Journal Journey the challenge for January is chosen and hosted by Erika. The theme is Every Journal Page tells a story.


This is a strange tale of one mother's struggle to get her children to eat vegetables.
Every day she served then vegetables and usually they left them so she decided that the rule would be no pudding if they didn't eat the veg. It seemed to be working until she found a bag of vegetables buried in the flower bed.The naughty children had been putting them into a bag under the table and taking it into the garden when she wasn't looking.
She thought of an answer and made large puddings that had the middle scooped out and mixed up with the grated vegetables, She put this mix into the pudding and the pudding back in the steamer. When she served it to the children it was covered in their favourite butterscotch sauce. Every bit was eaten and they asked for more. I was that mum who did something similar but not as elaborate.

Have a great day everyone

Love Chrissie xx




Comments

  1. Great idea with the veggies, and a lovely page and story you made. My daughter had a phase when veggies were the worst things in the world....Your tag is very pretty, too. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable bird, so cute and lovely display again my friend.xx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore that darling bird tag, and that butterfly black and white card is out of this world. You are so good with both digital and traditional art.

    I had to laugh at the story of the pudding. My grandfather was a meat and potato man. He had a hard time convincing me to eat the meat, when all I wanted were the veggies. I think even my grandmother thought I was a bit odd!

    There were certain meats I simply refused to eat, though, one of them being rabbit at Easter. Not because I didn't want to eat Peter Cottontail, but because I thought rabbit tasted far too weird.

    I loved your story and you could have been my mother any day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a smart mom she was to make a pudding with all those hidden veggies in it. :) This is a fun Friday page Chrissie. Sometimes us Mom's (and wive's in my case) just have to be a lottle sneaky. I'm glad you shared this story with us-its a great collaged page! Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story about the veg, luckily my three kids ate everything and still do. Love the tag and black and white page. Chrissie send me your address, I'll send you some doilies, die cut lace and some feathers, I have hundreds of them. I'll see if I can put my email address on my blog. If not Valerie has it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just GORGEOUS Chrissie! So glad you've come to join in our 'Black & White' challenge fun! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic artwork dear Chrissie and what a clever mummy!A lovely story! Happy start of your weekend!
    Thank you for yet another page to Erika's theme!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous post Chrissie. The bird tag is adorable.
    Your AJJ piece made me smile, what a brilliant and ingenious way to get children to eat things the don't like.
    Have a great weekend.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! That's one way to get the kids to eat their vegetables. I adore your black and white creation with the beautiful butterfly. Who would ever think black and white could be so gorgeous? Thanks for playing along with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its a fantastic post Chrissie.
    Poor little bird molting, its a sweet picture. The card is beautiful as well.
    I am smiling at the story on the AJJ page, the thing we do with veg for our kids. Our dog , when the kids were small used to sit under their chairs, and even ate cabbage when they fed it to him under the table.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pieces today Chrissie. The digital tag looks adorable with the cute little bird, and the card is fabulous too. The AJJ is fantastic with the fun story.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such different projects and all so lovely and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're giving us cute, elegant & delicate, and funny all in one post! What a treat... Your last bit made me laugh, children can be so odd about eating certain things! Have a great weekend, hopefully sunny (we're having a brilliant sunshine here in the south)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous pieces today Chrissie. Love the veggie piece and your black and white butterfly piece is very elegant, but I admit that the baby bird has stolen the show for me today. How wonderfully sweet!! have a great weekend, hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab bird page, he looks cosy snuggled into the feathers. Love the black and white card, so striking! Fab story and page about the veg eating! Made me smile! The things us mums resort to, to get our children to eat their veg! It's a never ending tactical exercise! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning finch work , love the B&W and die cuts and the story is just wonderful!
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great artwork Chrissie! The tag is so pretty with the dark feather background that makes the colours of your sweet little finch stand out beautifully! Have a lovely weekend! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoyed reading your veggie story. Beautiful black and white card.Thanks for joining us for our Anniversary Challenge at Double D. We hope you will join us again.
    Kathy DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful birdie tag, gorgeous elegant card and fun page ! It's foggy here this morning, we are so tired of the dreary weather, it's unusual for January. Take good care, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super digi Tag Chrissie..such a sweet birdie too.
    Thank you so much for playing in this weeks challenge at Go Tag Thursday..x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous details on this gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Double "D" Challenges.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design