New Challenge at Try it on Tuesday

Hello Everyone. Thank you to all of you who visit and make it a happy and special place for me.

Time for our second Challenge this year at Try it on Tuesday and the theme this  time is Anything but Square. Lots of inspiration from the wonderful team if you go to TIOT to have a look. Check our rules as well while you are there and then you could be one of our TOP 5 chosen by the team. If you are chosen you could be invited as a guest designer for a future challenge. That is how I got onto the team and I am so happy and proud to be a part of it.


I made hat pincushions which are definitely not square.

You can find instructions on how to make one here and mine are based on that tutorial with my own twists as always.


For the small one I used the lid from a can of spray paint and the top from a tin of coffee. The larger one was the bottom half of a big yoghurt pot, that I strengthen with card, and a piece of strong card for the bottom. The material is all the bits left over from a quilt that my daughter made. She always gives me the bits that are left over from her projects.

Hope to see your entry for the challenge soon as you have 2 weeks to make something that isn't square

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Wow, love these pin cushions Chrissie, glorious colours too...well done, clever you.xx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fabulous idea - your oin cushions look amazing Chrissie!
    Have a blessed day!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea you had - they look so good, and would brighten up any sewing table. I still have a pretty pin cushion you sent me some years back. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are amazing Chrissie. Perfect with my T day page too. I think we both had Alice on our brains. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Such a good idea and they look great! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wondering how these fabulous pin cushions were made Chrissie, they look amazing and such a good idea,
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pincushions are so adorable Chrissie! Love everything about them!
    Warm, crafty hugs from Lula

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic and adorable pin cushions Chrissie, very creative ! Have a great day, it's freezing rain here... Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Chrissie, you certainly think out of the box, and you do it beautifully xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these are so creative and beautiful!! I love the design and the details you added!! So, so gorgeous!! Have a great day!! :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely not square, but bright, elegant and useful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your ideas are always great and this is superb.
    So beautiful, creative and well made, Chrissie, bravo 🙌
    Love it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. What adorable hat pincushions Chrissie... so beautiful! Love your clever ideas.
    Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, these are so much fun Chrissie! I just adore the entire idea, what a fun pin cushion, beautiful and functional and so unique! The red is wonderfully cheery and your fabric flowers are just delicious! Amazing project!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! so inventive and beautiful. Love the material and the embellishments.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your little pincushions Chrissie, so colourful and cute and a great way of using up leftover materials.
    Hugs, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry I'm so late visiting, but life truly got in the way today, as I tried to install the new phones I purchased. What should have been an easy "plug into the wall and go" turned into a nightmare, since my internet is connected to my phone service. Need I say more?

    I love these little pin cushions. I love them so much, I may ask to use this post in April when I recycle things each day until Earth Day. I think this is a fantastic way to recycle, especially some of that dreaded plastic we are all stuck with.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What adorable pin cushions.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Chrissie - these are marvellous! Fabulous and funky - definitely anything but square, either in the geometric or the metaphorical sense!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! These are so cool, so gorgeous and so clever! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love these Chrissie-they would make such fabulous gifts for anyone that does any sewing at all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design