Inchie and Journal Page

Hello Everyone. Here we are with a brand new week and here we are back to cold and a bit of fog thrown in. It is sometimes sunnier when it gets cold so I am hopeful. Thank you for calling in today.

We are still working through the list of animals at Every Inchie Monday and this week the animal is Dog

He looks a bit sad poor thing


At Art Journal Journey the challenge for January is chosen and hosted by Erika. The theme is Every Journal Page tells a story.

I dug out a page I painted in 1990 just before we got married


This is a story that has never been told so I thought I would tell it to you now. When I first met Vic he was shy and cautious-just the opposite to me I guess. He decided to be less cautious and signed up for a climbing expedition on Skye. It was full of people like him who needed a confidence boost. They did amazing things and one of the challenges was to climb the Inaccessible Pinnacle or In Pin as it is better know. I was amazed when I saw the photographs and thought it would be great to get an artist to paint him climbing up the In Pin with him at the top in his wedding clothes wiser and stronger and pulling the 'other Vic' upwards. One artist agreed to do it then backed out at the almost the last minute so I painted it myself and Vic was so thrilled when I gave it to him on our wedding day in beautiful Jamaica. I had forgotten about it until it turned up in our wedding album recently. All our other photographs are now on disks and it was lovely to see real photographs again.


Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx







Comments

  1. Love your marvellous painting and the story behind it, thanks for another great page for AJJ. The puppy does look sad, perhaps he's cold, too. We've got freezing fog outside today, so I will be staying at home again, don't need another accident! Have a good week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW love your painting and your story...like all of us Poles, we have a bit of shyness in us all....♥ LOVE your inchie, looks like my lab.xx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your painting is fantastic Chrissie and it holds so many special memories for both yourself and Vic. Thank you for sharing your story.
    Love the adorable inchie, this little dog would charm anyones heart.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a superb painting and really wonderful story. I enjoy reading it. The inches dog is cut, it looks like my first dog, she was fox terrier.
    Have a happy day ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful painting ist this - just great and the story behind it is fabulous! Great that you share it with us at AJJ!
    A lovely inchie !
    Happy new week !
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Chrissie-not only is that a wonderful painting but what a great story too. And kudos to Vic for doing that class. From your painting it looks like quite the climb. I think the wedding clothes made it even more special and unique (in your painting). Glad you joined us at AJJ again. I've loved all your stories so far this month. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your darling dog looks lonely, but won't once all the inchies are in place. I think you paint well.

    I was also very impressed with your incredible story of Vic and his confidence builder class. That's a perfect painting, and I really appreciate the story behind it. It gives it so much more meaning. It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous painting and what a great story to go with it. Your puppy is just adorable, what a face! Foggy days are nice, I really enjoy them in the spring or autumn, but this time of year it's very odd to see. We are actually growing new grass right now, so very bizarre and sort of depressing for someone who enjoys winter as much as I do. Well there's always tomorrow! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's an interesting story to accompany your picture & a quite delightful little dog:-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely story to go on your journal page, and a great painting too. You niche dog does look sad, he does not want to go out in the fog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adore the little dog, love that his tongue is sticking out, I really love the painting and the story behind it is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful personal gift.
    Faiht
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Chrissie, it's a fabulous painting, and I love the story behind it. Your sad puppy is very cute, maybe he just needs a cuddle (not on the furniture of course lol) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great art journal story page - your painting is amazing so detailed and I love your images of Vic in his wedding suit pulling himself up - so clever and well done him for achieving his goal- what a great memory for you both. I love your little dog - he looks like he's been told off poor lamb probably got chewing slippers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your dog! He is so beautiful. I also really love the story behind your painting. It is a lovely memory.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design