Journal Page and reminder

Hi All from a dismal and foggy NE UK coast. Thank you for making the day brighter for me by calling in at Jumbled Crafts.

At Art Journal Journey this month's theme is Back to School chosen by 
Elizabeth and it has been wonderful learn so much about education in other countries as well as look through lots of my old school photographs for inspiration


I am the second one along on the first row in the picture. 

 Today I have chosen Speech Day as my theme. School prizes were given out at that gathering and form 5T scooped up many of the sports prizes and always seemed to win one special prize. It was called the Flower Cup and given to the Form Room deemed to be the best kept and tidiest in the school. All through the school our form kept our rooms amazingly tidy, clean and interesting. We had real flowers on the teachers desk, all our desks were highly polished by us and the blackboards were sparkling clean.  theirs. The blackboards were actually green not black at all. We had a box with extra pencils in case anyone using our room had forgotten  theirs. We were separated into different sets for most lessons so hardly ever saw our own room expect early morning and for lessons like RI. No one in our class won anything academic so the Flower Cup was our claim to fame.



A reminder that you still have 5 days to join us at Try it at Tuesday for the 'Coffee and Cream or any other Two Colours' challenge. I made an envelope book and hope to pop some recipes in the different envelope pages.

Hope to see you ate the challenge

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Wow Chrissie, I love that coffee and cream envelope book. It's a great way to save recipes.

    Of course, I was really impressed with your AJJ entry. I remember you mentioning you polished your desk, and now I know why. Fresh flowers on the teacher's desk must have been quite unique. I've never seen that before. Pride of place is always important.

    I had blackboards that were green, too. You don't see them often, but once in awhile they show up in a classroom or two. I see the school uniforms have been around awhile. I think we Americans like our independence and individuality too much to wear the same thing day after day.

    Thanks for teaching me something about your school system. I'm learning a lot, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of speech day, but I do remember green blackboards. Cool that you made the newspaper, but did you give speeches or receive awards for other things. Maybe its my early morning still half asleep brain that is missing this. But I do love your page and how I am learning new things this month. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The speeches were by important people like the head mistress

      The prizes were for acheivements of all
      Kinds of school work and activities

      Love Chrissie cx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pages for AJJ and TIOT, you know how I love coffee!! I always hated speech days at school, soooo boring! Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard about speech day - great that you have so much fun and that we got to see photos from you as you were a nice, young schoolgirl!♥♥
    I didn't find old schoolphotos from me yet.. I bet I will find them when the theme is over...lol!
    I love your coffee page..to speak of coffee..you inspired me to make me some milk-foam-decaf just now!
    Happy afternoon Chrissie! Thanks a lot for so many ideas to Elizabeth's theme!
    You rock!
    hugs
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful to see your school photo. Love your coffee and cream piece too. Both are beautiful Chrissie. I have no photo's from school days,wish i did.
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful Back To School page - love your school photo and I love your envelope book, a great idea for recipes.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! Speech Day - that takes me back! I love this page - so clever! I do love your Recipe book - another great idea! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great page Chrissie and how wonderful to still have that photo from the paper.
    A great envelope book for your recipes, love the cover.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting memory page from school Time.
    The TioT page is fabulous!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have any photographs at all from my school days, and I really wish I did. I love how you've used yours, and your envelope book is a great idea Chrissie. I hope you're still as tidy lol. Have a fun week xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did laugh about you class being always clean, we were much the same. We didn't have a flower cup though.

    What a wonderful idea for all the bits of paper recipes I rip from the paper etc. LOVE the front. AND your filing system.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love fall and your new header and background leaf images are wonderful! The owl teapot cosy/cover is so adorable! Your back to school piece is fantastic, I love the story behind this piece and I'm not suprised that your class won the Flower Cup as you all look so well immaculately turned out! The envelope book is such a great idea to store recipes in and your cover turned out lovely! Wishing you a happy Friday! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fascinating to read about your school doings and extra fun to have you in the class photo. Everyone looks spiffy with their ties on. Fresh flowers on the teacher's desk and everything so neat and tidy sounds calming and lovely. Winning the Flower Cup must have been a coveted prize.
    Nice piece you created and you're making me thirsty with that yummy cup of coffee.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design