Journal Page and about a book

Hello Everyone. Thank you for your visit to Jumbled Crafts today.

At Art Journal Journal the theme chosen by Elizabeth is Back to School and the idea of this theme is inspiring a lot of different kinds of journal pages for sure.

I did a digital background with the colour blue and the school banner. Then I added images by Gecko Galz and a quote from a Tim Holtz stamp. Then I wrote the alphabet in my own scribble.

I realised that Moo Mania and More have Alphabet as their theme for next two weeks so I will add it there as well.

Last week I found a book for 20p and as I wanted an old book for challenges with book pages as the theme I thought it would be ideal.





 The type is so small I can hardly see it in real life. The pages are yellow though they look more white in my photograph


It was one of a series of books in a 2 shillings series by W. Nicholson and Sons. I have looked into the publishers and they do date back to the date on the Preface. Strange what you can find along life's way and what you can learn from the internet.

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Your book is a great find, and it is one of my fave Dickens' novels. Love your journal page, thanks for joining us at AJJ and MM&M. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this great editing a successful work!
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous page Chrissie, such a creative theme. Your book find looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journal page looks very interesting, I like how you wrote the Alphabet so that it fits exactly! Great old book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always amazing post that book is amazing. I will be away till end of SEptember.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab page Chrissie - love the quote you used, that's a great way of learning.
    Your book is an mazing find - you really have the knack of finding bargains :)
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I simply adore that AJJ and MM&M page you created. I really like the composition and the colors you chose for it. It's a gem, that's for sure.

    I hope that Copperfield book isn't a first edition, because if it is, it is valuable, regardless what you paid for it. Before you cut it up for collage fodder, I hope you checked. It looks like it will be a really great asset as background material.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those old school photos are wonderful and look nice on your well made journal page. Old books are beautiful and interesting. Lucky you to have this one.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic alphabet page Chrissie and its a super school photo. The book was a great find for 20p, it looks like it has a leather cover as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how they used to do school pictures with all the kids standing together. I wish they still did that, but I guess classes are so much bigger now it would be hard to do. Great page Chrissie. Can't wait to see what you do with the book. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your font with the photo is superb as it reminds me of my school days, A WONDERFUL page. As for your book, what a wonderful find and in such good condition too. How on earth did they read those books by candlelight?
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice image dear Chrissie. So sweet the old school photo of the children. The nice Charles Dickens book looks very good to me, I never could kill it to create something with it. I would keep it like a treasure. I am a book lover.
    Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Back to School page - love the words, so true! - and your David Copperfield bargain is wonderful. You'll have lots of fun playing in there... and since that text is so very tiny, you needn't even feel guilty about crafting over it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design