Journal page and knitting Again

Hi All. Very cold here and a bit of ice so I have decided to use that as an excuse to do a bit of crafting for a change. Thank you for calling in at Jumbled Crafts.

Art Journal Journey still have 'If Music Be the Food of Love' as their theme for until the end of February.


As it will soon be the 29th of Feb, and a woman can ask a man to marry her on that day, I thought I would go down the bridal path for this digital creation. Lots of layers and different images melded together to create it.

Thanks to Sally for leaving a comment on an earlier knitting post suggesting I might like to try Twiddlemuffs as a project. Well I have done and I took one to the care home where my MIL is staying at the moment. They were delighted so I said I would make more as they have quite a few dementia 'guests' in there.


 This is the one I took to the 'hotel' there are things inside and out for the dementia patients to 'play' with as their hands move the whole time. Also the manager said they would be great for when they take them out in the minibus.

Thanks Sally for finding me something to keep me busy while I watch the telly.

Have a great day all

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. You are right Chrissie, we must have been thinking the same way. Awesome layers you have on the journal page, and the bridal pair in silhouette looks beautiful. Love the Twiddle muff. its a super idea and I can see it helping many folk. My aunt would have loved one.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bridal page is beautiful and this twiddlemuff looks fabulous -- can imagine that this is great for dementia patients! A good idea to do that!
    Same weather here.. ice during the night and a bit of snow here and there and very cold! We have to be patient with the weather and meanwhile do pages and knitting...lol!

    Thank you for another fab entry to AJJ Chrissie!
    Wishing a good day for you!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the twiddle muffs and journal page, hugs Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journal page is fantastic - it looks like it came out of a very old Bible.
    What a wonderful idea - the twiddle muffs. I am sure there are a lot of people who would love to have one of these and what a great gift to take to a patient.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. gORgeous Chrissie, love the muffs and inchie....xx
     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful page and what a great idea the twiddle muffs are, I wish I'd known about them when my MIL was still with us.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Festive page with many great layers. Very kind of you to make them fabulous muffs. Lovely knitting work, Chrissie.
    Have a happy weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't that the great thing about cold weather...an excuse to hide indoors and work on crafty things!! Love your musical piece and your knitting is amazing! An art form I never really took to, but you do it so well! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These muffs are a brilliant idea. Yours looks brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely of you to make the muff - so kind. Your bridal collage is great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant idea the twiddlemuffs are - and I love the bold cheerful pinks - so uplifting.

    The bridal collage is wonderful, so grand with those organ pipes... it reminds me of singing in the choir at school - we used sometimes to sing for weddings at the weekends (the school chapel was an impressive venue), and the organ would boom out Widor's Toccata at the end. Magnificent!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great collage but I love your little knitted twiddley thingy, and it makes great sense and glad you've found an outlet for them xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design