New Challenge at Art Journal Journey


 Hello Everyone. I hope the new year will bring you peace and happiness and that our friendships will continue to grow through our blogs, Thank you to everyone who has visited Jumbled Crafts and for the warmth I feel from the comments. My daughter and son-in-law should have been arriving yesterday but the floods and gales in Cumbria and in Yorkshire have meant that part of the route from them to us wasn't passable and is due to get even worse over the next few days. Good news that my MIL is now home and that Vic's sister is up here from London to stay with her for a while.

For my first project this year I am honoured to have been asked by Susi and Valerie to host their January challenge at Art Journal Journey. I was host there in March 2015 so this is an extra special treat for me. I never would have even started to do journaling at all if it hadn't been for their encouragement and now it is one of my favourite types of crafting.

The theme I have chosen is Winter Wonderland and I am sure I will be doing lots of snow scenes to make up for the lack of real snow nowadays in the UK


The background is painted with acrylics and some texture added with stencils and Modge Podge. The image is a stamp I have had a while with no makers name on it. I added some silk leaves and glittered them and some snowflake die cuts.

I hope you will join in with us and I look forward to visiting all the blogs of the people that enter and seeing your wonderful ideas.

Have a amazing day

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Hi Chrissie, so glad to have you at Art Journal Journey with your wonderful artwork, and hope you will enjoy your month with us. Wishing you a happy new year and a very special day today, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy BIRTHDAY dear Chrissie! I wish all the best for you! Helth and good luck shall fill the New Year for you and I hope you can celebrate your special day even thoigh you daughter wasn't able to come, I am sorry to hear that!You made me happy with your mail that arrived yesterday here! Thank you so much! You are such a Sweetie! And thanks a lot for this beautiful winter landscape you created for Art Journal Journey!
    We just got the first snow this night ... 2016 started with real winter here.
    I am sorry to hear that your daughter couldn't visit but good to hear from MIL back at her home.
    I am very happy that you host AJJ this month!
    Thank you for all the support Chrissie and thank you very much for your friendship!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just perfect for the both challenges. Your art is always joyable and there is your unique touch.
    Have a happy the 1st Jan and stay healthy and happy for the whole new year.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear your MIL is back home Chrissie ! Such a beautiful creation to start 2016 ! I wish you a happy new year Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful scene with fabulous texture.Happy New Year, Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful page! Shame we have to endure rain rather than snow in the UK... Happy New Year Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous start to this brilliant theme! Sorry to hear that your daughter and son in law couldn't make it to yours. So pleased to hear that not only is MIL home but that you can have a bit of a break! Have a lovely Birthday! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous theme Chrissie and your Winter wonderland scene looks beautiful. Hope you can catch up with your daughter soon and good new about your MIL. Have a lovely day today Chrissie and enjoy your Birthday.
    hugs Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year and Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day. Sorry your daughter and son in law couldn't make it but so glad your mum-in-law is home! Your page is magical! The image is gorgeous and I love all the shimmer and sparkle! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chrissie, I love your wonderful winter wonderland artwork. It's a great theme for the AJJ. I want to get my Art Journal back out one of these days. Happy 2016, I hope it's a great year for you. Cheers, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year Chrissie and Happy Birthday, your page is beautiful - a lovely challenge theme.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous page with a lovely scene, Chrissie! This is a great theme.
    Happy New Year to you and yours!
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous artwork, Chrissie.

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your first piece for this challenge. You do beautiful work. Thanks for dropping by my blog with your comments. This must keep you very busy! Happy New Year Chrissie. May 2016 be kind to you. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful snowy scene Chrissie. Makes up for the lack of real snow :) Happy New Year! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh is it your birthday today? Happy Birthday Chrissie xx
    Hope you've had a lovely day despite the bad weather hindering your daughters visit - hope you can get together soon.

    And the temperature suddenly dropped a lot last night, we had a lot of heavy frost, just in time for your 'Winter Wonderland' theme - spooky!
    Love the piece you have created.

    Pleased to hear your MIL now home too - hopefully a weight off your mind.
    Happy New Year.......... Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fantastic and creative winter scene- you have captured the season!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not surprised you've been invited back given what a roaring success your previous hosting was. Fantastic theme, and I love the sparkly page with those gorgeous snowflakes. I know you're already on to the next pages, but this is a great starter.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely stunning, I've been admiring it every time I popped into AJJ this month.
    Happy Birthday Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design