Autumn Leaves or Colours at Try it on Tuesday

Hello Everyone and thank you for calling in at Jumbled Crafts.

 Time for another challenge at Try it on Tuesday where the theme this time is Autumn Leaves/Colours. I'm sure you will have lots of ideas for this subject but if you need inspiration just go to TIOT for wonderful inspiration from my fellow team mates.



I made a candle jar so I thought I would show it unlit and then lit. The candle is a battery one so very safe and also I painted the bulb with red acrylic so it has a warmer glow.

This is an old peanut butter jar with coloured leaf shapes stuck all around the jar. Then I painted the whole jar with PVA  to give is a bit of see through texture. When it was dry I added some glue stick in blobs and sprinkled with gold sprinkles.

The next thing was to made a tube to fit the inside and I used a thin layer of a red and gold serviette so that the light would show through. Stick this to the jar rim at the top. Add a bit of matching ribbon to the neck of the jar and place the candle inside and that's it finished. You do have to take the candle in and out to turn it on and off but that is easy. It would be nice as a table decoration or have a row of them somewhere. We need to eat more peanut butter I think so I can make more of them.

Have a wonderful day and I can't wait to see what you make.

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Beautiful candle jar, very homely and comforting with the warm glow, just the thing for autumn. And a wonderful excuse for eating my fave food peanut butter! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful jar Chrissie ! Love the warm colours... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have always so unique ideas. Fabulous project, Chrissie.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful jar Chrissie!
    I don't buy peanut butter any more..it makes me fat ans I can't resist peanut butter and chocolate creme.....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous altering, the jar now looks like you could buy it in a designer store.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! You know I love a candle jar and this one is spectacular! Beautiful glowing colours whether its lit or not... I love it.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous idea Chrissie, looks so welcoming and cosy. A great piece of recycling too.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful jar, Chrissie! Love love this altered project... is just genius!
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous altering Chrissie! Love the warm, rich colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous altering Chrissie! Love the warm, rich colour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! A really great way to celebrate Autumn! Love how it looks lit and as it looks in daylight! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful candle jar Chrissie and a great idea.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant idea Chrissie - this is fabulous! Those battery operated candle/nightlights are so useful and safer of course.
    Have a lovely day Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fairly simple to make for such a beautiful effect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the jar, the colours are wonderful hugs Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful creation lovely design and super colours used..
    Thank You for your kind words re my dad passing...Funeral is in another state of Australia next Wednesday. We had to transport dad over 20hrs away to be with mum....
    {The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely beautiful. What a gorgeous glow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design