New Challenge at Try it on Tuesday

Hello Everyone and a big thank you for visiting my blog.

I am sure some of you are here to see what the new theme is for the challenge at Try it on Tuesday so I won't keep you guessing any longer. It is 'Hot and Wild'. I bet you will have lots of ideas but if you haven't then do pop along to TIOT and see what all the team have made for this challenge. You made need to wear sunglasses.

I decided to go down the African route and made this large piece that is now hung on my craft room wall to frighten away unwanted visitors. It all started when I made some paper beads. The African women make them to sell to help feed their families. Lots of tutorials online if you want to make any. I did my own designs.

I used an A4 sheet of gloss photo paper and alcohol inks for the hot colours on the background and I added some African tattoo designs. The mask I copied from a picture on geographic page. It is backed with a piece of animal print card that Valerie sent to me and I think it makes the eyes and mouth look really scary. This was all added to a canvas that I painted with brown emulsion and dots of an orange emulsion to make it look like animal fur(well it does to me ?)

Hope you will join in with us and enjoy being Wild and Hot. Always wonderful to visit your blogs and see what you make..

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Another wonderful project! Love the scary mask, great colours, too. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just GORGEOUS Chrissie! An amazing project for the theme!
    Happy day!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, really hot African creation, Chrisste.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again! Found that your Tiot link goes to art journal journe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sirkkis have sorted it out now

      Love Chrissie xxx

      Delete
  5. Your African piece is super, Chrissie! Great design, images and colour combo. Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super hanging, really stunning hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh Chrissie, one of my favs for sure!! I just love your interpretation of hot and wild!! The masks are wonderful and the beads on the 3D one is just genius! LOVE THIS!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Chrissie! This really is brilliant in every way - I love the mask with the beads! Really great hot colours too! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my , I did wonder how you get the fantastic effect with the eyes, This is awesome Chrissie, hope it keeps the evil spirits out of your room.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely brilliant Chrissie, love everything about it and the eyes look so scary - it will certainly keep unwanted visitors away.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, wow, wow Chrissie, what an amazing project!!! The mask looks incredible and I just love the addition of the beads, - brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wild and wonderful and I love it!! Wish I could hang it in my house!!!!!!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW ! Totally stunning Chrissie ! Love it ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. That certainly is 'hot and wild', Chrissie! The colors, designs, and composition are perfectly matched. You've created another terrific item.

    Sending hugs and love,
    Marianne xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - that is fabulous, Chrissie - so vibrant and full of fire and drama. It would definitely ward off unwelcome spirits, though I think most crafters would be drawn towards it to check it out in detail. Wonderful!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous Chrissie, a really brilliant bright piece! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is brilliant - love the theme. Well done for the beads! Gill x :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design