Tea Cups at Try it on Tuesday

Hi All. Hope your week is going well and thank you for finding the time to pop in to Jumbled Crafts. A warm welcome to my latest follower.

Time for another great challenge at Try it on Tuesday where we have the theme 'tea cups' but this can include mugs etc, and coffee so I am sure you will join us and come up with lots of ideas. If you can't think of something then pop along to the TIOT blog and gets lots of inspiration from the rest of the team.

 I have gone with a tea cup card because a friend asked me to think up an idea for an invitation to a charity tea and cake event she is hosting in the summer--if we ever get a summer that is. 


I started out with this, and adapted a version of something I found here, The front is decorated the front with different colours and a swirl and flowers. I used Promarkers to colour it. The flowers I made from a Marianne Die.


When it was decorated I scanned it and added the text, strange how the colours have changed on the scanner but easier than making lots of the invites by hand for sure.. Not certain how many will be needed but it will need a few of us to cut them all out. We did say we would do the insides in our own writing but I may print my share on the computer as my writing is awful.

Maybe this design will be turned down and I will have to think again.

Can't wait to see your makes

I am adding this to the SOC challenge as well because Susi told me it would fit the theme there

Love Chrissie xx


Comments

  1. Love your invitation cup card, it would be very suitable for the event, well done! Nice that you photographed it in the garden. Bad weather here too! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Chrissie - I grat invitation card !-- I think you can link this to SOC this week as well since exactly this are the colors that are asked there !
    Happy day Chrissie - we have just rain here as well! RAINY SUMMER!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great creation Chrissie ! Love that tea cup ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous love it Chrissie, just came here from the blog...love my cuppa.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful project, beautiful tea cup, Chrissie.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh - your floral teacup is so adorable - a lovely idea for an invitation... but yes, where is that summer?!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super invitation such a clever idea, the colour is so pretty, hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a really pretty card and love the soft colours and great shape x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the flowers in your tea cup Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the flowers in your tea cup Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful tea cup, Chrissie! Lovely colours and flowers. Great invitation card!
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous design Chrissie, its an great style for the invitations, I'm sure folk will love this.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really love your idea of the tea cup card for an Invitation. I'm sure it won't be turned down, it's so original.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really love your idea of the tea cup card for an Invitation. I'm sure it won't be turned down, it's so original.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fabulous card with such lovely colours - such a clever idea - a hit for sure! ! Glad to see you enjoyed your holiday - I don't think I would have been persuaded to go in that tunnel! !! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Chrissie, I hope they accept this design..it's so lovely. You did a great job, and I think they will like it.

    Hugs, and love,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the work of art you created using this week's SOC colors, Chrissie! The tea cup is a beautiful addition! And the invitations that you made are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your talents with all of us! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous Chrissie! You did such an amazing job altering that teacup, I really love the colours and those gorgeous little flowers! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant teacup for the SOC colours. I love the shaped card. TFS :D <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic design and imagination- love this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such an inspiring project, and you made a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. they have got to accept this design-it is a perfect invitation for the tea! SOC #54

    ReplyDelete
  23. Not only am I in LOVE with the finished card, I was also thrilled you included a link to the design. Thank you for that. Your card is simply awesome. Good luck with the cutting. I can see how that might be difficult if you need lots. Regardless, this is a great entry for SOC.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a sweet cup and love the yellow and blue.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a sweet cup and love the yellow and blue.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ah so much fun! A great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design