Quilling-not for me

Hi All. Hope your day is going well and thank you for calling in.
 I have decided to sort out some of the boxes of 'little things' I never use.

The first thing out of the box was a quilling tool. I have a vague recollection of using it years ago but being useless at quilling. I thought it would be a good way to craft and watch sport so I would give it a go. I cut lots of strips of thin card and set to work making the circles.. I said to Vic that it would be nice to have a board with different size circles in it to hold the quilled shapes. He said that he made me one way back when  and that I never used it. I asked where it was now and he said that he had used it to mend part of the old shed because I had thrown it out. I soldiered on and made shapes and then made a card with them. It looks awful and quilling takes so long and is messy, it is still not my thing so I need to find another use for a quilling tool I think.:(


Next out of the box are lots of embossing tools and, somewhere, in a drawer, I have parchment to use them on. Another thing I was totally useless at but will give it a go again just to see if I have improved.

Strange how things go in and out of fashion with the crafty world.

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Well your quilling looks fab to me. I have all the 'gear' for it too, but I don't think I've ever got them out the box I put them in. I know it really isn't for me, but like you say, what goes around, comes around, so I guess I am waiting for them to come round again and you never know, I might give it a go, doubt, but we will see - lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorably gorgeous, a great 'cheery up' card though quilling is not for me either.. xx {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture you have made looks very pretty. I used to do a lot of quilling, and have a box full of quilled parts which I use from time to time, but you're right, it's not my fave hobby either! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonferful project. Looks nice.
    Wish you a sunny Sunday ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What the heck are you talking about, this is amazing Chrissie! I can't believe you even had the patience to give this a go, I would never take the time for this art form. Kudos to you and what a fabulous result! I look forward to you giving Pergamano a go too! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks gorgeous! I did the same, tried quilling and didn't like it and have never tried it again though! Sorry I haven't been around for a while! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chrissie, I think your design is beautiful. I love the look of quilling but have never tried it. I used to do a lot of paper folding (Iris and Fancy folding) and loved it. But then stamping, inks, paints etc etc took over and I had to add a lot of shelves & drawers to my craft room. I still have beautiful papers in my stash that I can't part with. I also did a lot of embroidery on paper and spirelli & still have some of those supplies. Well that's my rambling for this morning, have a great Sunday, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Chrissie ! Love your card... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your card looks great.I also have tried quilling but I found it too fiddly for me. I use my quilling tool for general poking and curling(!) eg curling the ends of a punched flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic idea for using the quilling tool Marina. I can see I need ot after all

      Love Chrissie xx

      Delete
  10. This is a beautiful quilling picture Chrissie, know that you mean about stuff in boxes, I came across parchment gear as well, not so long ago and put it back in the same place in the cupboard.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is something I haven't tried and yours looks fabulous. Know what you mean about 'forgotten' stash in boxes, I've just found lots of Iris folding strips and I'm trying to think what I can do with them or they go in the bin!
    Hugs, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card. I remember how fiddly quilling can be and ho difficult to get it to stick to the paper. Parchment work something else that takes great patience but can look stunning. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is quite impressive, Chrissie. I've never done quilling before...it's seems very arduous, and I'm not into arduous. I don't think it's for me, either. But I give you a lot of credit for trying it.

    Have a delightful day,

    Marianne xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks pretty darn good to me - but yes, I can imagine it's not much fun... fiddly and frustrating, I should think! I'm sure you can find a good alternative use for the tool...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design