Journal Page and Inchie

Hi All. Welcome to Jumbled Crafts and thank you for your visit. This is a scheduled post as I should be on a train to Wales by the time it is published. Hope you have a good week and I will try to pop to your blogs if I can find an Internet connection. 

At Every Inchie Monday the theme this week is wave.


My mum used to have this hairstyle and every night she would wet her hair and add heavy metal clips so that the waves would be perfect next morning. It looked like torture to me and how she slept I will never know. I tried to put oe in my hair once and injured my finger with the spikes.

I found one  to show you the style but my mum's were far more lethal and much stronger than this one.

Art Journal Journey has Masculine/ Feminine as it's theme for June. If you saw my post here you will know about Sadie and her friend Miley that I drew.

Miley much prefers a day at the races to joining Sadie on her wild adventures.


Sadie is enjoying a  day at the carnival in this journal page.

Will link everything when I get back at the weekend.


Love Chrissie xx




Comments

  1. Wonderful journal pages with your two little friends, thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey. I will link them for you. Fun inchie, too, I remember those lethal wave clips, my great auntie used to use them! Have a good holiday, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your collages are wonderful Chrissie and I do love your little inchie ! Hope you will have a great time in Wales Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliantly created, fab colours and gorgeous added beauties.xx.xx
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fun journal pages and fabulous inchie.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful what you made with your girls in this collages! Fab! The inchie is nice as well.. reminds me on my great-aunt Mimi..as she had the same hairstyle in all the photos as she was a young Lady..the women at those times were very elegant and had to suffer for their beauty...lol...another aunt from me was stewardess and she told me that she ironed her hair under waxpaper to get it uncurled..as this was expected ... gosh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, lots of fantastic artwork here ! I love the little inchie and the clip on how they made those waves is interesting ! Ouch indeed, we used to sleep with sponge curlers in our hair, that was bad enough! Love your lady and the collages. Take care, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous such fun pieces all of them!! Your hair thingy made me laugh, those were the days....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chrissie, my mum used to put those grips in her hair as well, memories. Its a super inchie.
    Love how you added those beautiful girls to the collage pages.
    Have a great holiday.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what fun and colorful art! I've never seen those grips -had no idea that was how they got the ripples in the hair back then:) Hope your trip to Wales is for pleasure-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your artwork today Chrissie! You know what, I have always wondered how they got those waves in their hair like that, how interesting!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very, very, very, very clever take on the inchie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's very interesting how the women got their hair to look like that. Love your inchie! Your Sadie and Miley characters are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh yeah sounds painful to me, and is it all worth it to get wavy hair, I'd rather have a good nights sleep - lol

    Fab girles pages too, love how you manipulate the images and colours etc - very clever xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea for your inchie! I always wanted wavy hair, but not anymore now :-) Wonderful journal pages!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We went in a similar direction with the wave! I love those other pieces too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great work on these, my Mom also did things to her hair that used to blow my mind as a child. I do not know how she slept with all the metal curlers an toothpicks in her hair, yes toothpicks! LOL Hope you have a great time in Wales

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design