Journal Page and garden photogrpahs

Hi All. Happy Father's Day to those who are celebrating it today. Vic got a huge card and a lovely book with plain paper inside for him to jot down 'Potting Shed Tales'. Linda always tries to find something a bit different for her 'Step Dad Vic'. Thank you for your visit, it is always good to have friends drop by.

At Art Journal Journey the theme Masculine/Feminine has certainly brought out so many wonderful ideas and with the rest of June still to show off your pages I am sure there will be many more.


I painted the background for this with emulsion paints then used a plastic card to add texture and design. I used white emulsion on an old stamp to see how that would work and it was ok so may try more of that.

Now to the photographs. I had read an article that gave various reason why couples look alike so thought I would put it to the test. These are fusions of my face and Vic's face. I found similar size photographs of both of us and and found that our teeth are almost identical and so are our lips so that was a good place to 'join' the faces. Then I reduced the capacity to 40% so each of the faces showed as one. I used different images for the fusions and sometimes my face was on top and sometimes Vic face. I can't believe how much alike we are except that I have hair and he has a moustache.

An interesting exercise

Lots of lovely flowers and blossoms out in our garden at the moment so I thought I would show you a few.








Have a lovely day. I will be watching tennis, golf and Formula 1. It's a hard life but someone has to do it :)

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Super 'cute' page of Vic and sounds like he had a lovely 'father's day'....love your gorgeous flowers Chrissie but why are the cd discs in the garden?? to keep the birds away? love the colours displayed.xx
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cds don't frightened the birds Annie they, we get lots of birds.The cds all over the garden fence and show different reflected light colours. Sometimes they look amazing and glow. We also have 200+ little lights that are fed by solar panel and they light up the garden and cds at night.

      Love Chrissie xx

      Delete
    2. I DIDN'T think it was for the birds because like me you are a bird lover and nothing like lots of birds in the garden, never thought of the beautiful rays of light and colour would reflect from them but when you actually look on a cd they are colours...brilliant idea.x{aNNie My Personal Blog}

      Delete
  2. Lovely journal page and gorgeous garden photos. You 2 really do look alike, I often thought that when I saw your photos - a match made in heaven? Love your photo-fusions of Vissie and Chric, really well done. Have a great Sunday, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab idea of photo fusion! Great! I heard this and it seems to be real that couples get similar in their faces over the years .. even dogs look somtimes a bit like their owners...lol!
    Great entry for AJJ! Thank you Chrissie!
    Great garden pics as well!

    Happy Sunday and fatherday!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am fascinated by the blending of photographs that you did, and may need to try that sometime. I find the glorious flowers in your garden very inspirational as well. Happy father's day to vic, and enjoy your day watching sports!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely happy page Chrissie and stunning photos of your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA, I did this same thing with my little doggie a couple years ago, hilarious!! Love your flower photos, these are beautiful images! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spooky colliding photos! How funny that you share so many facial characteristics... Hope you're enjoying your day of spectator sports, and thank you for sharing all those stunning floral photos.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this was so funny!Unbelievable how your faces merged so well!I Love the flowers..

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fablousos page,the faces its so happy,this i like so much,and your garden flowers so dreamy and beautiful,love this all in your post.
    greetings Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Chrissie this is such a clever page, looks fantastic what you did blending the photos.
    The garden flowers are all lovely as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very fun page, Chrissie. And I love the shapes and colors of your flowers...so pretty. Hope your player wins.
    Oh, by the way, I love your soft green blog page background...very soothing.

    Blessings,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you did with the photos Chrissie, it is so clever ! And your garden is gorgeous ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a brill idea and it's worked out fabulously.

    Not that I'm a flowery person, but lovely colours xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design