Try it on Tuesday goes Retro

Hello to everyone who calls in to Jumbled Crafts and thank you for dropping by.

  Our last challenge which was New Beginnings and there were some wonderful ideas from that.

I'm sure you have all come to see what the new challenge is at Try It On Tuesday so I had better tell you without  delay. We have '1960'S Retro'. That was the time when I got married, had children and wore some very strange clothes. They didn't seem strange at the time because everyone else was wearing them. Why not go here for some inspiration from my teamies-they always have such wonderful ideas.

There are a few photographs of my project so skip to the end if you get bored.


I made a 1960s folder/book

 It started life as an Amazon Folder--the most useful things for crafting

I painted it with white emulsion paint then, while it was wet, dropped on various alcohol inks which showed up the brushstrokes of the emulsion

The inside I covered with some square design papers-very 60s- and folded a strip of paper to stick to the spine so that I could add pages.


Page 1

 Page 2
 Page 3 and 4

Then I added blank pages with 1960's designs that I found on Google to download. The Beatles are on the inside of the back of the folder.

Still lots of room for more pages and lots of things to add. I haven't added any text yet as I need a new white pen which I think will look good on most of the pages.

Can't wait to see what everyone makes.

Have a lovely day All

Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Wonderful project Chrissie, and love all of the meories and photos you have packed into it. That was our big, fun time, huh? Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous DT-sample and the memory project is creative and very cool.
    By the way the Twiggy was one of my :)
    Have a wonderful day, my friend,
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fantastic creation Chrissie ! You are so creative ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a good idea - I may well make one myself ! I married hubby 1 in the 60's and like yours the photos were mainly black and white!! I love all your photos and the fab images - those WERE the days!!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful creation. Love these colours used and such a fab design. Your inchie is wonderful below and sorry have missed a comment or two...bit hectic here at the moment..xxx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh this is an amazing project Chrissie..WOW! I am thrilled about it! You packed so many cool RETRO stuff together with your own private memories... JUST GORGEOUS!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Chrissie, what an amazing project and the best use of Amazon packaging EVER!! I love all your fabulous 60's colours and images, very groovy!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! Really groovy baby! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome book of memories Chrissie. I remember well those days and the fashions we wore.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic retro styling and so many memories! Love it Chrissie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous project Chrissy and I love how you've made it personal with your own photos too.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your folder is stunning Chrissy! Brings a lot of sweet memmories. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous Chrissie, so much fun and full of your own personal memories. I remember growing in in the sixties and my mum wore mini skirts and had big big hair (and my dads was nearly as big lol) Happy days! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great result and thanks for the process photos, no I didn't get bored, far from it.
    You used Amazon packaging! - oho, there are lots of these here, good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a "fab" idea, Chrissie. I remember all of those colors, shapes, and symbols...I see they are all coming back in style. I remember when Twiggy was just a twig. Your book is far out! :)

    Hugs and love,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely keepsake Chrissie! The 60's vibe is there and I love the alcohol ink over paint. Must try this myself, I have never thought of it before!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I must be crazy - I've been throwing those wrappers out! This is a beautiful project. Lovely to see the family photos and love all that retro style.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely fab, just love the randomness of that background xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design