Things with Wings and Sky

Hello Dear Friends and Followers. Nice to have you call in at Jumbled Crafts and thank you for the wonderful comments that you leave to encourage me on my crafting adventure.

Here is another page for Art Journal Journey as part of my hostess month. I am really enjoying visiting the blogs of the people who enter the challenge and love the different takes on the theme


I made the background in a baking tin with a layer of water and alcohol ink squirted on top of the water. Then I carefully floated the page on the water to collect some of the ink. When it was dry I printed the wonderful images onto it. They are all from 'with wild abandon' Then I coloured some of the images with Promarkers. I would also like to add this to the challenge at Moo Mania as they have blackbird as their theme this time. You can make anything you like just as long as you follow the theme.

Next comes The Three Muses where the theme is the 'Sky's the Limit'. Well it certainly was for me as I seem to change personality when I 'go digital'


I started off with one of our photographs that showed a clear blue sky with just the pirate flag and the lights-I digitally painted in clouds. I then found a photograph of me posing on the seafront and took away the background, then and added two vases to show how skilled I am at tightrope walking--NOT. The beautiful seagulls I had in an old folder and the text on the right and the bottom were brushes I made a while ago. The other text is just thought up and I filled the spaces with those. Everything was digitized when they were assembled.

This would also be ok for AJJ I think

Hope you have a lovely day today.

Chrissie xxx

Comments

  1. Beautiful work today, Chrissie, love to see you using your wings on the tightrope! You have some dangerous hobbies! I love the quote from the first one, I used it on one of my journal pages, too - so true! Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both -- your digi piece is great..oh gosh ! And I love this marbled background and all this beautiful elements on the first one and the quote is so true--- so clever made all this!
    Happy Day and thank you for supporting the challenges Chrissie!
    hugs Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic digital collages Chrissie... Love the sentiment on the first one ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two awesome pages Chrissie, I can just picture you walking on the rope carrying the vases.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous pieces Chrissie! Wonderful work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. AJ-piece is beautiful and your limits are amazing, Chrissie.
    Have a super day, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Things with Wings...it's like a Where's Waldo collage, every time I look at it, I find more butterflies and winged things! Love that!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are beautiful Chrissie.You seems to love freedom and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome page, Chrissie! You look so at ease way up there in the sky :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you just love digital magic? In the flick of a finger you can make yourself a tightrope walker! This is such a fun piece, Chrissie. I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow,your page its wonderful,love the wings on de corsetts,and your hobby is dangerous.
    have a great week.

    blessings jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your technique in the pan and water is amazing....love the result and the fantastic images....the lady holding the thingies is one amazing lady...mmmm who is she?? ♥
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are stunning, Chrissie

    Thank you for joining us at MOO-MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  14. they are both gorgeous. so much wisdom in the first piece and the second made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant Chrissie, the top one is so elegant, and the bottom one made me smile. There's nothing we crafters can't do is there, even tightrope walking lol. Enjoy your weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome work, Chrissie. I've got the biggest smile.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your collage with yourself is really fun! Love the sentiments you used and the rich colours of the top collage.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So loving your journalling Chrissie! You've got a fantastic sense of style on these pages. Mind, I'm leaving you to the tightrope (fear of falling you see!) Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you're playing the variations on the Things With Wings theme. The first piece is wonderful with the winged dress forms and more great words to accompany them - love the inky background and warm glow of the colouring - and I adore your own flight of fancy into the digital sky... brilliant!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design