From digital collage to card and envelope

Hello to everyone who drops in and thank you for your visit to Jumbled Crafts.

Did anyone watch the Davis Cup tennis yesterday? It was just amazing and GB won both of the matches in the end. It is the doubles today so I am really looking forward to that.

Now to my artwork which is for Art Journal Journey where we have the theme 'Things with Wings'. Also I am going to enter it into the challenge at Collage Obsession where it is an open challenge this time.

 This is my digital collage with a background I made from a flower catalogue and images I had in an old folder. I made half of the collage then duplicated and mirrored it. I found the quote on Google.
Before I added the quote I printed out the collage onto card, an envelope to match the card and an inner with a faded version of the collage. Then I printed out the butterflies on glossy photo paper to decoupaged them onto the card. The MUM was cut from a card that a neighbour had given to me-all my friends and neighbours bring me their old cards to me and love seeing what I make with them.


Inside the card--Vic and me made up the verse as it is for his mum and she doesn't like anything 'mushy'. It is for Mother's Day.

This is the outside of the card with back and front almost the same.

Hope you have a great day everyone or sleep well if you are going to bed soon

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Wonderful collage, and love how you turned it into such a pretty card and envelope, I am sure your MiL will love it! Thanks fo this beautiful project for Art Journal Journey! Have a lovely day, enjoy your tennis! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. AN AMAZING project Chrissie.. your ideas are genius !
    Love the collage and what you made with it is gorgeous!
    MIL will be happy with that!
    xxx
    Susi
    Another fantastic idea for the March Collection over at AJJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful creation Chrissie, love the theme and gorgeousness.xx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just stunning Chrissie!! I just love the vibrant pink butterflies, so pretty! A wonderful idea to do a faded version on the inside, such a beauty for Vic's Mum! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorit colours! Lovely card and envelope.
    Happy weekend, Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning creations as always Chrissie ! Love those colours ! Hope you are having a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful journaling artwork so lovely and what a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are brilliant Chrissie, and I love your unmushy quote for the card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous projects today Chrissie, love the card you made for your MIL.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really lovely card, Chrissie..like the matching envelope, too. She'll love it!

    Hugs,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful creations Chrissie.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful collage! Love the faded insert matching the outside and the glossy butterflies to create more dimension. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Chrissie, your collage is gorgeous and the cards you created with it. Wow ! I was away so now trying to catch up on all the lovely designs! Happy Weekend, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous collage Chrissie, how totally wonderful to turn it into both a card and matching envelope!
    Enjoy the tennis matches! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a wonderful collage, I love the green butterfly and your idea to mirror the picture! Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE how you've taken this from digital to reality in a most gorgeous card inside and out. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  18. How delicious - I love the paler version of the print on the inside, and the beautiful reflected version. What a wonderful way to design co-ordinating cards and stationery. Lovely colours too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous collage and the card you created is wonderful too.
    The butterflies look real!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design