Speed Craft Card


Thank you for calling in.

At Speed Craft Challenge this time the theme is 'music inspired'

Quite a few photographs today so here is the first one :-

This is the card I made and the story will unfold with the photographs


I was lucky enough to be given some photographs that belonged to my grandmother. Most of them were in an awful condition but I was able to work a bit of magic on some of them. This one was of my grandfather in his teens He was a professional musician and played violin, organ and piano for all of his life. For generations no one showed any interest in playing the violin until now when one of his great, great granddaughters has taken to the instrument and loves it. I made the card for her birthday.

Things assembled at the start and the time.

First step-the flash makes the background looked partly white but it was all covered really


I can't believe I had finished the whole card in about 7 minutes though I did know exactly what I wanted to do


I designed the flowers shapes in two styles-feel free to use them if you like


I printed mine onto some material that was cut from vertical blinds that were too long.

Just cut out the flower shapes and stick them on top of each other--I used my glue gun so that one  layer stood up a bit from the next. Also added a bit of glitter in the middle.


That's all for now. Have a great day all

Love Chrissie x












Comments

  1. Wonderful card with lovely photos. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandfather was very talented man and you've created a beautiful card with anazing selfmade flowers. Another card is elegant.
    Have a happy weeken,
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card and a great story ! Love the flowers... Hope you will have a lovely week-end my friend ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card --- he would be proud of it and of his great great greatdaughter .
    Happy Saturday Chrissie --
    lovely flowers did you desing as well! so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Chrissie with a great story behind it too. I adore those flowers so may very well use them myself too ;)

    Thank you so much for joining us at Speed Craft Challenge and the best of luck

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Chrissie! I love those flowers, so colourful and fun!! Great 15 minute make! hugs and smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your awesome creation, love the flowers, thanks, and aren't you a clever love......love it.xxx

    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great Chrissie, love your choice of the oval, very fitting for the image and the flowers finish it off perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pleased must your Family be Chrissie, at last a violin player taking up the mantle of her Great Great Grandfather, a special occasion in many ways.

    A very thoughtful card, love the colours and the layers especially your fabric flowers. Excellently put together in well under the 15 minutes.

    Thank you for taking part in our Speed Craft Challenge. Hope to see you on the next one!

    Mo:-)
    DT Speed Craft Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card in such a short time. Fantastic photograph as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous Chrissie, a great family story, I have old photographs too and no one is smiling in them lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful card! I love the story behind it, and the flowers are fantastic. Such a lovely photo of your grandfather to cherish, and how wonderful that you're giving it to his great-great granddaughter, who has inherited his love and talent for music - simply delightful!!!

    Hugs,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never made anything in 7 minutes! Congrats and it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is beautiful and has such meaning - amazing quickly made. I love the blind material flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card love the colours, thank you for entering the SCC look forward to see. Your next creation xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous make, Chrissie! love to see you joining us this time! Hugs,
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design