Journal Page and Collage

Hello Everyone from a very cold NE UK coast. It is icy and frosty but still no snow has settled so not as bad as some parts of the country. Hope you are safe and warm where you are and a thank you for taking the time to pop in to Jumbled Crafts.

Still Inspired by the Masters at Art Journal Journey and today I have chosen an artist that is special to me. Not only for his artwork but for his architecture and the way he influenced a whole island.

César Manrique was an artist and an architect. 
Born: April 24, 1919, Arrecife, Spain
Died: September 25, 1992
Artwork: Teufelsfisch, Marisco, Crecimiento, Hendido, Trapo, more
Structures: La Vaguada
Education: Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando, University of La Laguna

La Vaguada is a shopping mall located in Madrid, Spain.designed by César


When you land at Arrecife in Lanzarote you are met by large displays of Manrique art and all over the island there are sculptures, paintings, wind toys and architecture by him. I just did a simple version of one of his painting, a pencil sketch coloured with felt tips. I would have loved to do one in tiles as many on them on the island are done as mosaics. I could wax lyrically about why we revisited Lanzarote so many time but I am sure if you are interested you can find online about the artist and his influences. It was nice and sunny there as well :)


Now to a digital creation for Collage Obsession. They are just back from the Christmas break and it is great to see that it is a colour challenge for this week. The colour is Marsala and I hadn't a clue what that was at all so I had to find out.

So now we all know and we can rush out and buy new outfits.

Hope you have a great day

Love Chrissie





Comments

  1. Love what you have made today. Your Manrique Journal page is wonderful, love the colours and movement in it.Good to see the other collage too, and now I know what I must wear this year, fine! It's a beautiful collage, too, and I do like the colour, and I remember holidays where we drank a lot of Marsala wine, which always gave me a terrible headache, but it was fun! Have a nice day, stay warm, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your marique-inspired creation is so eye-catching! Your digital collage really looks textured and I feel I know more about the latest trends now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your creations Chrissie always gorgeous with such a beautiful colour combo and design...
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know this artist.. I never visited one of the Canary Islands yet... but I would like to visit the red island Lanzarote....
    Love that you took your holiday inspiration for us and introduced me to another interesting artist!
    Thank you for this fab contribution dear Chrissie!

    I didn't know Marsala as a color yet..lol!
    Great Digi Collage Chrissie!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creations Chrissie ! Love the digital collage, the colours are so lovely... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Chrissie! Two projects showing completely different styles side by side! What an artist you are! Love em both my friend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marsala-collage is very elegant and I like how you've composed the elements and the textures are great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow both projects are beautiful! Great artwork Chrissie! Cheers, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have done a beautiful job of expressing Marsala in this great collage...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I like your bold painting. I am not familiar with this artist. I shall check him out. Thanks. xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful you made something inspired by César Manrique, Chrissie! Years ago we went to visit his place
    on Lanzarote, too, and loved it! You most certainly caught his style with these bright colours and lines!
    Also love your marsala collage, so stylish! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful makes both of them Chrissie! Love the journal page, so colourful and full of magic. The collage is so textural, hard to believe it is digital!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous art page Chrissie a wonderful bold design and colours. Loved your other piece as well. It looks a super colour, not what I imagined at all.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great collage! I love the rich texture in it! This collage looks really elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I'm definitely going to have to explore Manriqye further - he shares my birthday! I also love the bold graphic sweep and colours of your tribute page, so I'll be checking him out.

    Sadly I don't think Marsala is really my colour... I'd rather drink it. But a fab collage nonetheless.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are brilliant Chrissie, we went to Lanzarote a lot when the kids were small so it's good to see Manrique style again. I love your digital collage too, I quite like this colour but I don't see myself as a trend setter lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful texture and color- so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design