Journal Page and Collage


Thank you for calling in at Jumbled Crafts. I am muddling through at the moment trying to get used to varifocals which I haven't had before so please forgive any spelling mistakes

This time at AJJ we are asked to be inspired by the masters and I am really enjoying finding out about different artist's and their styles.


Today I have chosen --

Joseph Fernand Henri Léger was a French painter, sculptor, and filmmaker. In his early works he created a personal form of cubism which he gradually modified into a more figurative, populist style. Wikipedia
Born: February 4, 1881, Argentan, France
Died: August 17, 1955, Gif-sur-Yvette, France
Movies: Ballet Mécanique
Periods: Cubism, Section d'Or, Modernism, Modern art
Education: Académie Julian, École nationale supérieure des arts décoratifs

This is in one of his simple styles. Many are quite complicated--too complicated for me to try to paint for sure.


At Three Muses this week the theme is Alice as it is the 150th aniversary of the books

I always found the Mad Hatter's tea party amusing but very sad at the same time. I think a bit of Fancy Dress might have made for a better party.

I have had the black and white drawing in a folder on my computer for  long time but not sure of its origins. I think it may be one of the originals from the book.

Have a lovely day everyone--we have rain today which is better than fog, ice and cold.

Love Chrissie

Comments

  1. Another fab artist which I will check out ..thank you Chrissie... the page looks great - I would say -- very EXPRESSIVE ... you shoul paint mor in this style for sure! Gosh always so much things we creatvies want to do...lol!
    Thank you for another fab contribution to AJJ and I like your tea party digi!..
    lovely!
    Happy Wednesday Chrissie!
    xoxoxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fluffy HI and your outstanding and fantastic creations once again Chrissie, you are one amazing lady.xxx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}


    ReplyDelete
  3. Both creations are fabulous. I love the Journal page from Leger, you have painted it really well. Thanks for joining us again at AJJ!! Your Alice page is good, too!
    Hope you soon get used to your new specs! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these Chrissie. I can't get on with varifocals, made me very giddy. As my kids would comment, " how can we tell the difference"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Chrissie! Love your mad hatter party! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very colourful party, Chrissie, great colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two excellent makes Chrissie, both very different, but love them equally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh a tea party, great idea and fancy dress always fine for a tea party, both your creations are beautiful.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fabulous pages Chrissie, love Alice's tea party. I wouldn't be with out my varifocals, it took a few days to used to them, but worth it.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favorite scenes in the book you have done a marvelous makeover job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your page and the digital collage is brilliant ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two wonderful projects Chrissie, I love the Mad Hatters fancy dress tea party.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both pieces are great! I have accustomed at the varifocals quickly. They`re a great help in every day life, you will see.
    Greetings- Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Chrissie both are really breathtaking art works! I love the tribute to Léger and the Alice scenery is grandios!
    I wish you a happy weekend,
    big hugs Anja facebook

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are both wonderful Chrissie, your painting is just fabulous, and Alice looks lovely in her fancy dress. Good luck with the bifocals, I think this is the route I will be going down soon as I'm forever swapping between my distance and my reading glasses xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Chrissie, You won one of my prizes from CHA. Please email me your address at scrapstobeauty@aol.com
    Love your journal page.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful Tea Party for your Alice theme Chrissie. Thank you for your visit! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Tea party, the fancy dress is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How wonderful to be inspired like that Chrissie! Fab piece of art! And I just love your tea party, great design/colouring!
    Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful take on Leger - I love the bold stripes of colour against the line drawing. And yes, that definitely looks like a Tenniel illustration to me... hilariously augmented!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design