Art Journal Journey

Hello Again. Not very often I do 2 posts in one day but I did want to keep this separate from my other two challenge pieces today

Here is another page for my journal inspired by the wonderful Art Journal Journal where the theme is 'Inspired by the Masters'. I had never even thought about how many wonderful works of art I have seen in real life and in various parts of the world-well not until this challenge brought memories flooding back. To be honest I didn't even think I could paint until I found AJJ  but now I am inspired to 'have a go' and it feels terrific.

Here I have used ideas from two of Salvador Dali's painting as inspiration. 'Landscape with Butterflies' and the beautiful 'Butterfly Ship'. It is painted in emulsion paints and the butterflies are from a sheet I downloaded online and cut out.

I bet you are fed-up by now of my artist tales but here is another one-sorry.

Above 20 years ago Vic, my husband, and myself told each other what we would really like to do at some point in our life. He wanted to go to Figueres to see the Dali Museum as he was a Dali nut at the time.  I wanted to see the huge production of AIDA which was doing the rounds and reputed to be the biggest production ever of the opera.

It didn't take long to fulfill both of these dreams. We went by coach to Roses on the coast of Northern   Spain and stayed there in a lovely little hotel. Then we went by bus to find Figueres and the Dali Museum. It proved a little difficult as neither of us speak any Spanish apart from ordering two beers which wasn't useful at the time. The museum is just amazing

 You can't mistake the building among the little streets and traditional buildings

So that was Vic's wish fulfilled.

 I thought my dream would be staged in Egypt or Milan or somewhere exotic as we said we go where ever it was staged next. It was Birmingham-England. It was amazing though and Vic wore a tuxedo and I wore a long dress--everyone else seemed to be in jeans and t-shirts.

Enough for today--or maybe too much

Love Chrissie x

Comments

  1. Wow, really fantastic Chrissie, thanks for making another work of art for Art Journal Journey. I love your butterfly beach, what a wonderful place to visit in your imagination. Glad you were able to fulfill your dreams and visit such wonderful places! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... your amazing Dali inspired piece is just fantastic and the story is wonderful...
    I am a big opera fan as well and have seen a lot of opera in Vienna's Opera House and my best opera's were three magnificant performances in the Arena of Verona -- and Aida I saw even two times - one time in our magic Opera Festival in the Roman quarry at St. Margarethen in Burgenland.
    hihi.. you were overdressed... in Vienna's Opera House it is the same..you see very very elegant people beside of jeans wearing guests.

    Thank you so much for this amazing entry for our Challenge dear Chrissie - I love to read that this theme encourages you in such a fabulous way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Chrissie ! The butterflies look fantastic... Thank you for sharing your memories ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Chrissie, love all those butterflies! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Chrissie, love all those butterflies! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful chrissie, I love the butterflies :) Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your painting is brilliant Chrissie, and I love your stories :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Dali inspired piece and so glad you got your wish fulfilled too, I can just see the pair of you all dressed up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW This ists Amazing, i looved so much,great artwork,well done.

    XXX Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous page Chrissie love the pic's as well x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love your piece. Perhaps you might even make me like Dali? Oh well maybe not, but I like yours. I wanted to see that AIDA production, too, but never got to, although my husband at the time did try out to be a crowd person!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic page, Chrissie! Love your great inspiration from the master Dali, and I also love your nice story.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design