Animals at Try it on Tuesday

Hi All-nice to have you call in at Jumbled Crafts, always terrific to have visitors--thank you everyone.

Great to see all the wonderful recycled pieces you made for our last challenge and now it's time for another challenge at Try It On Tuesday
The theme this time is 'Animals' so lots of scope for this one and we can't wait to see what you make so do join in with us. Hope you go along and see what all the team members have made as they are all amazing crafters with different ideas on any theme.



I made a Chinese hanging with the dates and Animals showing which years are which animals on the C dates of birth. This stems from going to see the wonderful Illuminasia exhibition in Blackpool earlier this year where they had posters with all of the years and animals.

The background is a scroll from a Chinese takeaway that I cut down and painted orange. (I don't eat take aways but asked if I could have an old scroll and they gave me two.) I just painted it roughly as I thought it looked better like that and showed the individual bits of paper that make up the scroll. It was twice as big as this to start with so I still have lots left to use another time.

I found the set of animals online and they were free to use and I also found a chart of all the dates. I had to use a lot of maths to work out the sizes and distance between the tags which are covered in Chinese designs. I made the centre piece to join them all together. As there was still some space I printed out the animal names in Chinese, on acetate and stuck those on as well. I am going to hang this in our tiny hallway to brighten it up a bit.

Hope you find your date and animal. I am a horse. Not sure if this is good or bad :)

Those born under the sign of the Horse are a flexible group of people. They tend to be stubborn when it comes their ideas, but they are also incredibly patient when it comes to hearing out what other people have to say. They favor straight forward, occasionally blunt conversation. And yet they generally avoid starting up any unnecessary trouble. This combination then makes those under the Horse sign a bit of a puzzle to the people around them. Though this certainly does not stop people from trying to figure them out.
In spite of some of their misgivings, Horses are also incredibly loyal friends and partners. Perhaps it is because first impressions have a lasting effect, or simply that they are inclined to do well by others. Whatever the case for an individual, however, they are consistently there when friends need a person to turn to or a shoulder to lean on. They are also quite capable of resolving conflicts, both their own and other people's. Altogether then, those born under the sign of the Horse are some of the most favored members of society; and though they don't often aspire to greatness they tend to achieve a manner of it through the compliments and adoration of their friends.
Have a lovely day all

Chrissie x



Comments

  1. What a fab idea - looks great I am a rabbit!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea Chrissie ! Love it ! I am a rooster myself !!! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Chinese hanging, Chrissie! This is a great work and very creative.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful art piece, Chrissie. So much to see. Love the colouring, too.
    Have a happy day,
    hugs XXX
    Sirkka

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very clever idea love it. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous idea Chrissie! I love the shimmery orange background all your little animals! Great project! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to recycle it into a cool art piece.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic idea and so well done, Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so cool, love the rabbit.EE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous idea Chrissie, your calendar looks awesome.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Chrissie, Very beautiful hanging, and creative :) I can't recall what I am and can't read the numbers from where I sit in front of the screen. I hope you are doing well, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful Chinese hanging and a great idea - I'm a rat.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous piece Chrissie! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous idea Chrissy and I'm sure this will be a great talking point for all who enter your hall.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool - what a great take on the theme, and fab upcycling of the takeaway scroll! I'm a Rooster - though I'm not sure how much of it really applies!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design