Use Your Stash at TIOT

Hello Everyone and thank you for visiting Jumbled Crafts.

Lovely entries for the 'Wish you were here' Challenge at Try it on Tuesday and now it is time for a new challenge which I am sure you will love as it is Use Your Stash.

 Pop and see what the rest of the team has made as I am sure you will be inspired to join in with us after seeing all the great ideas.for the challenge this time


I made a decorated a gift bag.


I assembled a few things that were stashed away and used the bag, the flowers, the spider's web stencil and the 2014 Demi Moore diary that my daughter bought for me just so I could cut out the pictures. I also used a Crafty Individuals stamp to cover the pink card as a background--it had never been out of the packet before.

I sent for some bags ages ago and when they arrived I realised they were the wrong size so they were hidden away in a cupboard until now.

 The bags were just too long so I decided to cut off the bottom then--

---stick the top inside it. This made the bag shorter and stronger as well. Then all I had to do was decorate the bag. The back is just a piece of patterned paper to cover up the join. I know some people will be saying that I could have made it smaller by folding the bottom again but I am useless at bag bottoms-anyone have a link to an easy tut I can follow for this?

Can't wait to see what everyone makes so do join in.

Have fun

Love Chrissie x

Comments

  1. What a wonderful bag, Chrissie! I love the amazing image and beautiful embellishments. Fantastic!
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a lovely bag. The image and leautiful embellishment match gratly- Love the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic bag Chrissie, love how you have done this. I am not an expert on folding bag bottoms either! Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Chrissie ! The image is stunning ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you decorated and re-sized the bag, that was a super idea. The images look fabulous.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous idea and project - such elegance too. Too good to use now! Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great idea to adapt a bag that is the wrong size, I love how you have decorated the altered bag, hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on the challenge and how you used that spider web for texture!
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOoh love your decorated shrunken brown paper bag!!

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab - amazing what we have in our stash! Thanks for having me as GDT on TIOT this week!
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous bag, Chrissie! Great way to shorten it, sorry don't know of any bag bottom folding tutos. Have a lovely day! Hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great idea to adapt the size of the bag Chrissie. Love the image, it's so glamorous.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness this is stunning ! You don't need to put a gift inside as the bag is gift enough !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful gift bag Chrissie. Anyone would be thrilled to receive a gift in it, actually it is almost a gift just by itself.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great bag! I love the colours and that spider web stencil is fantastic! Wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a gorgeous bag now.. I really think you are a masterly upcycler ... I enjoy seeing artwork made up of things other people would have thrown away!
    ♥♥♥
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fabulous decorated bag.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design