Altered Plastic Bottles

Hi All. I am finding it hard to get back into any sort of routine since we came back home and especially as there is so much wonderful tennis on the television and I just love watching sport. Hope you will enjoy your day and thank you for finding time to visit Jumbled Crafts.

I have had an altered project ready for a few weeks but never posted it so I thought I would enter it at Rhedd's Creative Spirit as the theme there is always to alter something.

This is what I made
I started out with three empty plastic, bath soak bottles


I made a mark on them all at the depth I wanted my finished box

Then these were stuck together

Covered in some lace-which is why I wanted them to be the size I made them as I have quite a bit of this lace. I then stamped some white ribbon to use as a top border. This may have looked better if I had threaded it through the holes.


The bits of the bottle that were left I cut up and embossed in folders then I used the Tattered Flowers die to cut flower shapes

These I painted with emulsion paint and dabbed on gold Glimmer Mist. The leaves are silk and cut from one of my flower arrangements. Poor things I will have to replace some of the flower arrangements soon as I keep pinching things from them


 So here is my finished piece and it is a handy holder for some of my scissors. Just need one more empty bottle to make another set

 Have a great day all

Love Chrissie x




Comments

  1. What a fabulous idea, I love the finished result.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic alteration, it looks so pretty now, well done! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so clever ! This is fantastic ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I was amazed at first, I thought the bottles were glass from the first images!!

    Great way to keep your scissors.

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo...so pretty, Chrissie! I love the colors and the lace.

    Blessings,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic altering and such a good, useful idea.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I good idea, now shell I use the 2 bottles of bubble or poor it away which one is faster lol do have 1 empty bottle though lol Love this idea
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea and i love your creation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea and i love your creation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing what a makeover !!! Jaw droopingly beautiful and very creative Chrissie.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. So clever and so pretty..I shall have to have a go at altering some of my plastic bottles in the same way...great recycing and a lovely piece of altered art...
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh now that's clever and what a great way of repurposing those bottles. Such an inspired idea. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How very lovely. Those bottles are gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry, forgot to add: Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a clever design... triple storage container - brilliant! And the flowers and bold bright pinks are bound to put a smile on your face whenever you reach for a pair of scissors (that is a LOT of scissors!!).
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design