Try It On Tuesday

A message to everyone whose blog I usually visit and leave comments. Something has gone wrong with my blogger reading list and the lists of lots of other bloggers. I went to the help website and it is a bug that they are trying to fix. Hopefully it will be fixed soon and I will be able to see what you have been doing again. xx

Hello Everyone. This is a scheduled post as I am hoping to be well on the way to Keighley when it is posted. We are going by train and hope to be able to have a ride on the steam train to Howarth which runs from Keighley.
Hope your week is going well and that you are ready for another challenge at Try it on Tuesday. Wonderful entries for the 'One for the Boys' with so many different ideas and styles to inspire everyone

The theme this time is to 'Use a Tag on a project or just make a Tag' so something for everyone to join in.



I made a hanging and took the photograph on a bank of wild thyme that grows under our raspberry canes. This was to match the verse from Midsummer Night's Dream

I started out with a piece of  thick card from a box and gave a good coat of white emulsion to add some textures. Then I used all sorts of sprays to get the colour I wanted. I let down some of the strong coloured Dylusions Ink sprays. The gold is Cosmic Glimmer Mist which I just love using.

The tag was embossed in a Cuttlebug folder then die cut and punched shapes added before getting the sprays treatment. I do love spraying maybe I should get a job in a tanning studio :)

Next I added a fairy by using Grunge Paste and a brass stencil. The butterflies are from Tando and also got the spray treatment.

Thanks to Von for sending me the beautiful stamped quote from Shakespeare a long time ago.

Have a lovely day

Chrissie x

Comments

  1. This is really beautiful Chrissie, and what a wonderful touch to take the photo in the bed of wild thyme - great tribute to Shakespeare! One of my fave pieces from you! Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A magical hanging Chrissie, love the images and the shimmer of the gold. Hope you have a super day out.
    Yvonne xx
    Its a small consolation to know that many of us are having the same blogger problems

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Chrissie, I love the beautiful fairy and the great tag.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful creation dear Chrissie and a fab presentation in the herbs!
    AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really pretty tag, love the finished effect and of course the quote. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic creation as always Chrissie ! Can't use Blogger either so I am doing my blogging with Bloglovin' but I don't like it at all ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fairy and such a whimsical tag.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chrissie you've created a gorgeous effect on this hanging, love the colours.
    Hope you're having a great day out.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. My blogger dashboard has gone to pot too so I do apologise for all the posts I've missed, I'll try and catch up when it's fixed!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh this is absolutely stunning! The colours are gorgeous. Its definitely got the 'wow' factor! I hope you had a lovely time, steam engines are so cool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Chrissie - so feminine, gorgeous colours and layout. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful Chrissie :)
    Have a wonderful week away :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely one of my favourites of yours ever, Chrissie - that tag with the texture and gilding is simply stunning, and I love how you've layered the flowers so that the tips of the petals add even more dimension. The shimmering background of the hanging is wonderful as is the Grunge Paste fairy all inky and beautiful.

    And I'm above all in love with the fact that you took the photograph on a bank of wild thyme!! Altogether fabulous!!
    Alison xx

    (Do hope you got your steam train ride...)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the textures and vibrant colours - I can imagine the gorgeous shimmer and sparkle too - great quote

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning, my little girl would love to have this on her bedroom wall so do I, just love the sparkles
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great to see you really going for it with this wonderful mix of media Chrissie. You've definitely captured a Midsummer Night feel here with the shimmer and textures. LOVE it. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design