Three Muses and Craft-room challenge

Hi all from a very wet NE UK Coast. I have been crafting this morning as it is too wet to go anywhere at all. Hope it is better where you are and thank you for coming in to call at Jumbled Crafts and brightening any day.

The Three Muses have 'Get Ahead-Get a Hat' for their theme this week and there are already some amazing entries as inspiration


I have gone for a comic approach with a digitized photograph of me to start the ball rolling. I would actually love to try a hat like this is anyone has one going spare :)

At Craft Room Challenge this time they want 'Things with Wings'. I had so many ideas I didn't know where to start-what a great theme to chose.

I think it was Alison aka Butterfly that sent me this Paper Artsy Heart so I decided to give it some gold 'wings' that were part of some old jewelry I bought for 25p at the car boot sale on Monday. Then I distressed the heart with Rangers 'picked raspberry' Distressed Ink and finally gave it a spray of glitter mist.

I used part of a brass stencil by U.I.T and covered that with Papermania shimmer chalks which I also got for 25p at the carboot sale. The hearts on the string are punched into gold card and the words stamped onto some paper I distressed.

Off for some lunch and them back to crafting if it is still raining--what a hard life :)

Love Chrissie x


Comments

  1. Such a funny page .. your strange hat between all the honest Ladies...lol!
    wonderful idea and Layout!
    And your winged heart sings Chrissie - simply beautiful!
    Also here just RAIN RAIN RAIN ..just RAIN RAIN RAIN...

    water is life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hat collage, fantastic, and great to see you in such a pretty hat! The winged heart is also gorgeous, love the embossing, and the gold accents! Keep dry! Hugs, Vlerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so loving your hat, it's a fashion masterpiece! The winged heart is fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your gorgeous hat is water proof ;)super heart too :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now THAT IS a hat ... I love it it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your collage is simply hilarious; and your heart is really awesome and so well done Chrissie! Chapeau bas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab makes again Chrissie, really love the quirkiness of your first piece and just love your heart with wings and things.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope lunch was tasty! It is miserable weather hope it dies up soon!

    Your Wings of Love heart is very pretty, thank you for making and sharing with us. Have to say though your get ahead, get a hat piece is brilliant. Perhaps your hat could be your next crafting project after all a girl needs a special hat in the wardrobe. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chrissie :-) both of these makes are wonderful. The card made me smile and I would love to see you and your fab hat in real life x
    The heart is beautifully altered....such great wings

    Thank you for your entry to my Things with Wings challenge

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chrissie. Great makes. Love the self portrait, it's such fun. Hope the weather picks up. Hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great makes you have put together here! Love your hat creation, so very clever and the heart is really, really stunning! Love all the textures you created!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Chrissie...
    All three look like they were a lot of fun to create. I love the wings you added to the heart.

    Hugs,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Chrissie...
    All three look like they were a lot of fun to create. I love the wings you added to the heart.

    Hugs,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Chrissie...
    All three look like they were a lot of fun to create. I love the wings you added to the heart.

    Hugs,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your fun approach to the 'hat' challenge, Chrissie, your heart is amazing, really beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your collage is so fun Chrissie and your heart is totally awesome ! Love the colour and the texture... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your collage projects always make me smile.

    That heart is gorgeous - such clever ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just ADORE this heart!! I want one! thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  19. The hats are hilarious - what a great collection of images... and I love what you've done with the heart (did I send it? Maybe!). The vivid pink and the shimmer over the texture looks amazing!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your heart with wings - it's fabulous, thank you for sharing it with you at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design