Card and Tag

Hi Everyone. A bit misty here so far--hope that means sunny when it clears.

At Sugar Creek Hollow they have Tic Tac Toe so I thought I would join in. I needed to make a birthday card for a neighbour and this gave me inspiration.


I chose the line Flowers Pearls and Die Cut

The background is a paper by Crfaty Individuals and the image one from Gecko Galz. I made the flowers from an old silk scarf and sprayed them with Dylusions Ink. Not sure who makes the butterfly die as the shape it is one I had sent to me a long time ago. I coloured it with Promarkers.


This week at Tag Tuesday the theme is cooking.

I'm afraid I don't do much cooking as my husband just loves to cook and there isn't much room for 2 in our kitchen :)that's my excuse anyway.

I went back to the 1930's with my tag. Can you imagine this happening today ?
I bought this book at a car boot sale and it is full of adverts and articles from the 1920s and 30s. I like to use things from it when ever possible--I cut them out as I bought it just to use the pictures for artwork.

Have a wonderful day everyone

Love Chrissie x

Comments

  1. Hi there thanks for your comments on my blog. I love the 1930's themed tags so much has changed for us women since then. Still further to go I think. Hope you are well xxx Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing new pieces Chrissie - the first one touches my feminine soft heart side! And what an interesting book treasure you found! Fab!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous Chrissie, love the image and the beautiful flowers. Love the tag too, so cool ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card for your neighbour Chrissie, such pretty colours/LO! Your tag has a lovely vintage feel and I can see why you love your book so much, such a cool find! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining in the fun at Sugar Creek Hollow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful! Love those fabulous flowers and your tag is so cool! That book was a real find! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card, and a great idea with the flowers, they are gorgeous. Great tag, too, and how lucky to have a cooking husband! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous vintage card Chrissie, your neighbour will love it. Thank you for joining us at SCH. Its a super tag with the cooking theme.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your neighbour will love the card Chrissie and I love that tag those old adverts are "great" :).
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous vintage card, and the retro tag is a delight. I love those old-fashioned adverts... could read them for hours - such a window on a lost world.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful vintage card for your neighbour and a fabulous tag.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightful theme and colors...I love the card.

    Blessings,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful vintage design with the mauves and purples. Lucky you that your husband cooks, it's the opposite in our home, I'm the one that runs the kitchen. Take good care, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card Chrissie, those silk flowers are gorgeous. I've got a husband who cooks too, what a find! :-)xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Crafty Individuals paper is delightful to begin with but you've done a great job with your card. Love that you recycled the scarf too, I once used a silk shirt (it had tears in it) as a scrapbook background!Thank you for your comments on my Paper Artsy 3#UP project it is so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a lovely card thanks for joining us at SCH
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design