Artful Times Challenge 53-Spray Away

Hi All. Great to have you visit and hope you like what you see and will join in with us at Artful Times for the challenge this time.

The theme is Spray Away and you can enter anything you like that uses a spray on it somewhere. A word of warning to wear a thin pair of rubber gloves if you use the sort of inks that I used -more later in the post about those.


I made this hanging and I am sure you would like to see what Von, Wendy and Neet made so do visit their blogs as well.

I started of with some pieces of vertical blind that were cut off because the blinds were too long. These are great for craft use and easy to print or stamp on.

I cut a few squares

 I sprayed a little of one of the inks onto my craft sheet and sprayed it with water then just pressed a square onto it and smudge it around until the square was covered in the solution. I did this with all three colours but didn't bother to clean the sheet in between as I didn't mind a speck of the other colours mingling a bit.



I then left these to dry fully before stamping them with Joanna Sheen -Back to Nature stamps and a few little Gesso flowers from a stencil. All coloured with Promarkers

 I made frames for the pictures from different card then stuck them onto a photo frame hanging that someone sent to me a while ago.

I stuck pieces of matching card on the back--it doesn't look all the same as it is metallic card and the sun was shining when I took the photograph


Next I made the flowers from TH tattered flower dies and they are sprayed with the neat Dylusions inks but toned down with a last coat of Cosmic Shimmer Mist-Ancient Copper

Hope to see your make for the challenge it is always great to have you join in at Artful Times and you could be our winner with  £10 to spend Oyster Stamps

Love Chrissie x

Comments

  1. just a wonderful hanger dear Chrissie!
    happy weekend to you!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Chrissie, love what you have made! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hanging Chrissie, love the images and spring colours.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hanging - and I adore the stamp of the honesty at the bottom. Off to investigate. Great work.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely springtime hanging Chrissie

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so clever Chrissie ! This is beautiful ! Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great triple hanging Chrissie, still catching up with blogger after going to Paris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful hangers Chrissie, the flowers on the top one are so pretty. Happy Weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully hanging Chrissie and the back is just as pretty : )
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty this looks Chrissie, great looking hanging with lovely colours! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty hanging, Chrissie, and beautifully designed.

    I aim to pack up a little parcel for posting tomorrow - finally!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so resourceful Chrissie. A great project.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a beautiful hanging Chrissie, the colours are gorgeous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really beautiful hanging. I love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful and a lovely idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design