Artful Challenge 52- Heavy Metal

Hello Everyone. Thank you for finding time to visit Jumbled Crafts it is always appreciated.

It's time for another challenge at Artful Times and this time Von has chosen Heavy Metal as the theme. You can make anything you like so long as it follows the theme and you could win a prize when of £10 to spend at Oyster Stamps

I hope you will visit Neet, Von  and Wendy to see what they made for the challenge


I made this box to keep some jewelry in that is too big to go in my usual jewelry box.


                           
I started out with this box

I used a spare piece of card and measured a piece the size of the box top



Covered it PVA

Stuck on various things-mesh fruit bags are great to use and little plastic embellishment as well. Even a pipe cleaner

Then I covered it with metal tape and started to stamp and etch here and there to add more texture and to bring out the shapes I had added underneath the tape Next I added black acrylic paint and worked it in to look like dirt and finally polish the whole thing to being back some shine.

 

I covered the rest of the box with metal tape and rubbed it lightly with the black paint then wiped it off again and polished as before. Then I lined the inside with craft paper and fastened on the piece I had made for the top. I used strong tape and also brads to fasten it on. I then added an Avon Breast Cancer pin which is used to open the lid.

Hope you will join in with us for the challenge as it is always great to see your ideas.

Have a great day

Love Chrissie x


Comments

  1. Gosh, I am impressed. If I use that tape get joins showing and yours has none. A wonderful idea and one which I am sure will get copied for that jumbo sized jewellery we all collect at some time.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece Chrissie! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome make over Chrissie, love how you used the tape. The inside looks lovely as well.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great challenge piece Chrissie. You come up with some wonderful ideas. I'd like to try this some time.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic project! I enjoy this technique but the pipe cleaner and fruit bag mesh are new ones for me. I am taking notes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab makeover Chrissie and great texture !
    Weathers changed for the better hope it stays
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG ! To start with I thought you had used an embossing folder ! You are sooooo artistic Chrissie ! Loooooove your box ! Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! this is clever and beautiful Chrissie! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! I am so blown away! This is so cool. I was speechless when I first saw it. Blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic! Useful art and so cool xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool is that?! Brilliant metallic make, and all from pretty much nothing - fantastic!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Chrissie that's fabulous! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous! I love how you have constructed the texture under the aluminium tape. You have brought back memories of some of the craft I did with older primary-aged kids. I certainly am going to give this technique a go. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design