Challenge 49 Artful Times

Happy Valentine's Day-a day I feel has lost its original meaning these days but 'Love' is a nice things to celebrate any day of the year so do enjoy it.

Hello Everyone and thank you for calling in at Jumbled Crafts.

It's time for another challenge at Artful Times and this time the theme is 'Boxing Clever'. We would like you to make or decorate a box of your choice.  If you follow the rules and guidelines at Artful Times you might win £10 to spend at Oyster Stamps

We quickly ate the contents of the box--well I needed it for the project :) I opened it out and painted the top with some red emulsion paint, I also painted inside the top as well  as I didn't quite have a plan when I did the painting.
 Then I covered all but the flap with a piece of patterned paper. So easy to do this when the box is just a flat shape. 



Then I added some lace, a ribbon fastener and made the lace flower and the ribbon leaves. It seemed a shame to not put something inside as well 



This is my little Victorian dolls house inside the box. All just pictures apart from the tiny flower in the girl's hand. She is raised up on foam pads so she stands out from the background. I always love to visit Cestina's blog and see the wonders she creates for her doll's house collection and this is the start of my collection which will be small enough to keep in one big box I hope.

We'd love you to join in the challenge and I hope you will also visit Von  and Neet to see their boxes for the challenge. 

Have a great day

Love Chrissie x






Comments

  1. Lovely piece, how good of you to eat that choccie for the challenge, so brave!! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh brilliant, Chrissie - I was enjoying the transformation of the outside, but I so wasn't expecting the lovely surprise inside - what a great project! Cestina will be so happy that she's inspired you!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great start to your collection Chrissie! I'd take a bet that it soon won't all fit into one large box though....

    How lovely to read that I have inspired you - and thank you for all the kind comments you leave on my blog...
    Gil aka Cestina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous alteration, can almost taste the chocolates you had to eat.
    Love how you did the inside, its beautiful.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful altered box, inside and outside :) Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous altered box! So nice to have a surprise inside too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing. Very pretty outside but such a great surprise when you open it up. Unrecognisable as the chocolate box. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely surprise inside you pretty box Chrissie :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Chrissie, so pretty on the outside and a wonderful surprise inside AND you get to eat chocolate - result! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so so sweet Chrissie ! Love the little vintage girl and the beautiful flower ! You clever girl ! Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. The things we have to do for our art ( Like eating chocolates)
    Lovely box Chrissie, love the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is just AMAZING Chrissie! Love love your altered box with its fab details, so so pretty! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with WendyK, Chrissie...now that preliminary work is no chore.

    Your box is lovely. I like the daisy patterned paper you chose with with red...very nicely done. And your doll house box is darling - a great idea!

    Hugs,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Chrissie thats a fabby box transformation and love the surprise on the inside so pretty. I Hope to make a box to join in.
    Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh Chrissie I liked your box when I saw it on the AT blog but now ... Well, what a surprise awaits the viewer when the box is opened. True inspiration - what a wonderful idea. Reminds me of some books I have seen in shops that have those moving pages etc - you know, looking inside a Victorian House or something similar. So talented.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful box inside and out.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty box came to my thoughts when I first looked, then you see the work undertaken on the inside. How wonderful. What a beautiful keepsake.
    Nelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is so lovely - I love that you upcycled on this project too, and the paper doll is the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design