Altered Art-new challenge blog

Hi All. What a lovely sunny day we have here and it is quite warm out of the wind. I do hope it is drying up some of the flooded areas of the UK.

I was quite excited when I saw that Sandie had started a new challenge blog for Altered Art. It is called

Rhedd's Creative Spirit and it will always be a challenge to alter anything but there may sometimes be a twist as well. Plenty of time to do a project as it is once a month from the first to the last day of each month.

My excitement waned a bit when I realised that my box of things to alter had been put away somewhere safe when we closed Out of a Hat. So far I haven't found the box so I had to think Out of It :)

This is what I made for the challenge-can you guess what it is?




It's an old glasses case that has been at the back of a drawer for ages-I think it belonged to Vic


I covered the top of it with thick glue then added a black paper serviette. After it had dried I sprayed it with bronze glitter mist and let it dry again. Next I trimmed off the excess paper and added some turquoise ribbon to the edge.

I had the little frames from a shape swap a while back so painted those white then added spray glue and some glitter. The pictures are from the beautiful sheet 'Artsy Jewels' from GeckoGalz. I stuck the frames on firmly with my glue gun as I do intend to use this case for my glasses. 

Here is another view of it showing a bit of glitter on the pictures. This was because I used the spray glue on the frames and it goes everywhere and the pics just happened to be in the way when I was sprinkling glitter.

I am so messy :(

Hope your day is going well and how lovely that you found time to pop in.

 Chrissie xx



Comments

  1. Beautiful specs case, you will not be able to oversee this one, great idea! Yesterday I saw that there was glitter on my soup, but it tasted fine anyway! It's a wet and dismal day here, enjoy your sunshine! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly delightful and totally unique! Love it, Chrissie.

    Hugs,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow !!! Chrissie these are amazing you will never be able to loose them. What a fabulous make over. Am almost tempted to have a go but mine will end up like a dogs dinner.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, how imaginative.

    Thanks for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

    Moira DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful altering! Love that idea with the black napkin and the frames as glasses is genius ! Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment about my project on the our creative corner blog x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely brilliant - from the idea to the final execution! I love the images in the "lenses" and the fabulous bronzed texture... this is a fantastic piece of altered art - and I love that it's going to be in daily use.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - excellent!!

    Off to have a look at the challenge link - thanks for sharing xx

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative Chrissie. The whole case is cute and I especially love the images in the lens'.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, absolutely fantastic, what a make over .
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great and also practical piece of altered art! Looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cool ! love it Chrissie
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG OMG OMG ! Totally amazing Chrissie ! You rock !!! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Chrissie this is fabulous! The bronze serviette looks gorgeous and those images are stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely brilliant Chrissie.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never thought to alter a spectacle case before Chrissie...I will now I've seen your creation...fabulous.

    Thank you for playing along in our first challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what a fabulous idea! LOVE it! So original, yet it makes every kind of sense. Thanks for the idea! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design