Journal page and Twinchie

Hello Everyone who pops into Jumbled Crafts and thank you for your visit.

This is the first of two posts I will be doing today as there will be a new challenge at Artful Times later so I will be showing my DT piece for there. It is a great theme for a lot of you so hope you will join in.

This week at the Twinchies Challenge the subject is idols.


This is my take. I just found a picture of an idol statue and printed it out twice to fit on a twinchie. I decoupaged one of the images to give it more depth then drew the dots down each side.


This is the second page in my journal for the 2014 Craft Barn Challenge The challenge is 'Quotes and Lyrics' for the whole year but we are given words to include for each challenge. The words this time are Silence and Dazzle-you can use either or both. I made a 'dazzling' background but most of it has been covered up with my silence images and quote.  The background was splodged acrylic paints. I found the little girl covering her ears on the net, added the word silence then the quote that I wrote out in Paint Shop Pro.

Have a good day and lovely weekend everyone

Chrissie x


Comments

  1. Love the 3D effect on the twinchie Chrissie ! And your page is fantastic ! As usual I love the sentiment ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. great page for the quote challenge ...ran out of time to join in the first one! as usual playing catch up :( hugs x trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your twinchie and the silence page is gorgeous! Hope you are well and that the weather is being kind to you. It's cold and frosty here but sunny and dry, just got back from my big walk! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for your twinchie and your silence journal page is beautiful. I really like the paint texture in the background Have a wonderful weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your 'silence' page,the background looks great. Fantastic twinchie as well.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page Chrissie lovely quote and your twinchie is lovely and 3D!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant use of the girl with her hands over her ears and the quote - it's lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your inchie couldn't be finer, love your translation of the idols theme here Chrissie. And your silence page is spot on, love the girl with her hands over her ears! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from the Craft Barn - Your Silence page is great, the image just perfect.
    I like your twinchie page too, but need to go find out what a twinchie is, haha :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous page and a fabulous quote.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful journal page Chrissie and a great twinchie.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the background on your journal page and your twinchie idol made me smile - lol

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the idol - what a great image, and your Silence page is beautiful... have to agree with the words, and I can't tell you how often I feel like doing what that girl is doing!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely quote (and true!) and a very nice image!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just come from the Craft Barn.....love your page. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very clever use of the word "idol" I wouldn't have thought of that. I was thinking more along the film star idol. Great.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your little girl image (so appropriate for the quote) and how it integrates with the background. Great page!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design