Challenge 47 Artful Times

Hello to everyone who drops into Jumbled Crafts and especially to those who pop in from Artful Times as I am still new to the DT there-well new to being on a DT at all except for Out of a Hat when we were open.

How lovely that so many people joined in the blue challenge at Artful Times last week. It was wonderful to see what everyone made-thank you.

This time at Artful Times the theme is Year of the Horse. It is the year of the horse on the Chinese calendar so I used that theme to make my piece. I was influence by the sort of art that hangs up in Chinese takeaways though I don't eat anything from them I do like to look through the windows at the beautiful calendars etc.


I used a piece of A4 parchment paper which is really lovely to work with.

This is the box of the papers I bought a long time ago and still lots left as there are 80 sheets in one box.

I found the horse on a free to use website here and printed it onto the parchment. I then printed it onto a piece of paper to use the horse shape as a mask so I could stamp all the various Chinese images around it. The border on the left I found online and I hope it means Happy New Year. I rolled up the top and bottom of the parchment and added some distressed ink so it looks a bit like bamboo.All that was left was to add some peel-offs in gold and some red ribbon to hang it up.

Von and Neet have made pieces for this challenge so do go and see what they made as well.

Hope you will join in at Artful Times with your version but remember to follow our rules, the theme of the challenge and please tell us a little of how or what was used in your creation and you could be with a chance of winning £10 pounds to spend at our sponsors, Oyster Stamps.

Have a wonderful day

Love Chrissie x


Comments

  1. Really beautiful Chrissie! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Ican see the influence of the traditional chinese style, but you've given it a slightly more contemporary twist. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous hanging, its a lovely horse image.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so good at finding these digital images and then combining them with real-world stamping, Chrissie. Love how you've masked the horse and created that blossoming orchard behind him. Lovely parchment, and I know exactly what you mean about the art in the takeaways (I quite like the food too!) - great inspiration.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great Chrissie, great inspiration for Artful Times blog post

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Chrissie. The horse is picture perfect and yes it does remind me of the art work in the Chinese takeaways.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG ! This is gorgeous Chrissie ! What a stunning creation ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly exceptional, Chrissie - what a lovely design and a great idea. I haven't been around parchment paper in a long time. I'll have to check it out again. You made a beautiful hanger.

    Blessings and hugs,

    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous hanging Chrissie, what a way to celebrate the Chinese New Year, so pretty! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design