Birthday card and present and Smile page

Hello Everyone from a wet and gloomy NE UK coast. I hope it clears up a bit later as I never went for a walk yesterday so need to go today before my knees rebel. Nice to sit and craft for hours but not good for the old joints.

I got a really lovely surprise in the post from Valerie  I know lots of us visit her at Bastelmania where she posts her wonderful makes and photographs most days.

She sent me a birthday card and a wonderful box of goodies.

The beautiful card is the one with the animal prints and a feather. The bottom right is a stunning little journal she made and there are lots of things I can't wait to use. Thank you Valerie you are so kind.

Now to my piece for the new challenge at The Craft Barn. After the great success last year of their Alpha Challenge I couldn't wait to join in the one for this year. It has 'Quotes' as the overall theme but we will be given two words for each challenge. This time the words are UP and SMILE. You can make anything you like so I bought a new medium size journal but after doing my first page I realise the paper isn't good enough at all so I will find another one and just stick this page in it.

You can see that the paper has crumpled when it was wet. I did a pale background then added the pictures and the quote before using some gold glitter mist.

The pictures are my daughter and son-in-law, my husband Vic and also the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall who we actually met when they came to Bridlington the day their grandson was born. They were all smiles all of the time and I shook hands with the Duchess-a day to remember. I have both the words on my page though I wish my printing was neater--it looks better in real life--honest.

Have a good day everyone

Love Chrissie x

Comments

  1. Hi Chrissie Happy Birthday from one Capricorn to another :))
    Fabulous stash from Valerie love love your card. Wet and dull here so H*******k first as I don't want to do any tomorrow my birthday :)
    Hope to craft later

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a happy page! A fab background and lovely photos. Brilliant quotes too. I am still trying to decide what form my entries will take this year. Happy Birthday and what a lovely package you received xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quote and I love how you've included family photos too! It's dark and dismal here today - if the sun came out I'm sure we'd all be smiling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked your little surprise, have fun playing! Your smile page is gorgeous, love that qute, so true! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous page chrissie and wonderful goodies from Valerie!

    you lucky girl!

    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so pleased that you are joining us this year! Love your page and I don't think I have seen Prince Charles smile so broadly before! Fabulous day for him! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your page Chrissie ! As always you have found the right sentiment ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your smiles page and the words, enjoy your lovely goodies.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous bundle of birthday goodies - how fab! I love your page celebrating smile - and some wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Valerie is so good to you, Chrissie, with all those fantastic goodies! I like your smile page...the sentiment is ideal.

    Spent the afternoon at the craft stores and dollar tree. Replenished my scrapbook paper supply and got some really cool embellishments as well. This trip was long overdue. I just spent my money! Why not - right? I work darn hard for it...LOL...

    Hugs and love,

    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from The Craft Barn - Belated Happy Birthday wishes to you Chrissie. What a lovely lot of goodies Valerie sent you. She is a gem.
    Your page is very happy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely, Chrissie, and it's important that reminds you about an unforgettable day!

    Happy to have you on board!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely page Chrissie and fabulous gifts from Valerie, how kind! Happy Birthday, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated birthday to you dear Chrissie, hope you had a wonderful day! You certainly received some lovely goodies from a dear friend, so sweet. Love your funny smile page, so true! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two great quotes, love your page full of smiles.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Belated Happy Birthday Greetings!

    Your page is lovely & personal, great smiles all round. Must have been lovely meeting HRH on such a lovely day:-) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely page and great photos! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the idea and the quote! And YES, it is important to remember what a smile can bring...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your collection of beautiful smiles! Such a good illustration of the quote too...

    ReplyDelete
  20. A great quote and what a lovely and personal memento.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy and smily page! Well done

    Thank you for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design