Artful Times-Something Blue

Hello Everyone and nice to see you at Jumbled Crafts. I have been missing for a while as we had visitors so I would like to wish you all a wonderful 2014. Also a big thank you to all the people who sent birthday cards and e-cards and emails. It made my birthday very special-Vic had hidden the ones that arrived early so I didn't think I had many at all. They are all up on the wall now for at least a week. My daughter and SIL were staying with us as well so even more fun.

*****************************

This is my second time on the Design Team for Artful Times and I must say I am enjoying making the display pieces. This time the challenge is to make something Blue. You can make anything you like using any shades of blue so just let your imagine run free.

side view
I made this 'Hen Night Hat'. They seem all the rage now and I have seen many different designs on the girls that have their Hen Nights in Bridlington where I live.

front view

I made the hat shape in white card then painted it with a mix of acrylic paints to give it texture. Next I stuck on some lace and coloured the top of the lace with a Promarker. Now came the fun bit as I searched for lots of blue craft items to add to my hat. The dark blue flowers I cut from an artificial flower in our bathroom and the large flower I made from the TH Tattered Flower shapes. The other flower is a ribbon flower very easy to make if you follow the link. Everything else is what I had in my bits and bobs box.

There will be a prize for the challenges donated by Oyster Stamps but to be eligible for the prize you must follow the Artful rules, follow the theme and say something about how you made your project. Good Luck. Hope you will all join in and I am looking forward to seeing what you make.

Do pop to see what Neet and Von have made for the challenge.

Happy Crafting All

Love Chrissie x


Comments

  1. Love your fancy hat, and glad you had a good birthday! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza Chrissie stunning blue hat !
    Pleased you've had a good birthday
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous hat! Belated Happy Birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fantastic hat Chrissie.
    Happy Birthday wishes.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. a belated happy birthday! your blue hat is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful hat, Chrissie! Perfectly decorated. You're so creative.

    How did I miss your birthday? Happy birthday, dear one...and many, many more full of fun, well-being, and creative joy!

    Sending you a big birthday hug { }
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG ! This is gorgeous Chrissie ! It looks very much like the hat I was wearing on my daughter's wedding ! Except that mine was purple ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. JUST GORGEOUS Chrissie !
    What an amazing hat!

    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY
    BIRTHDAY
    TO
    YOU
    DEAR
    CHRISSIE

    *********

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that is a gorgeous rich blue hat ! Happy New Year ! Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year Chrissie and belated Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great time. Your hat is simply stunning. Love all the details, flowers and ribbons. Have a good weekend! hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday to you dear Chrissie and all the best for 2014! Your hat's a real stunner, such pretty details! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is just brilliant, Chrissie - the lace looks fabulous, and I love the ribbons and flowers... altogether a delight!

    Belated birthday wishes too, so glad you had a lovely day.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning creation Chrissie just love the lace and flowers and ribbon adornments. Can't wait to see you model it. :)
    Hugs Sandra XXX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous display creation! Very blue and very romantic...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! Gorgeous hat Chrissie.
    Margik

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design