A Combined Challenge effort

Hello to everyone who drops in to Jumbled Crafts. The weather here 10 minutes ago was very dull and raining now there is a hint of blue sky and maybe even sun :) I haven't been outside yet but I bet it is cold brrr

So while I was out in the snow yesterday I thought of a walk we did a few of years ago. It was almost Christmas time and quite a nice day when we set off to walk almost 5 miles along the seafront and the cliff top to Sewerby Park. The more we walked the the thicker the snow became and the snowflakes were some of the largest I have ever seen. Not a clue why we kept on walking as we knew we would have to walk all the back as well. 

Here is a scrapbook page I have been meaning to make for ages so I will always be reminded of one of the most surreal moments in my life.


When we finally arrived at the park I bumped into Santa and he asked what we were doing out on such a day--I asked him what was he doing in Sewerby Park and he said 'he was giving the reindeer a rest'. Vic asked if he could take of photograph of the two of us together and Santa said 'certainly'--he really is very nice you know. There were other photographs of the day but mostly they look all white as the snow never stopped all the way back home.

Now for the Challenges I will be entering with this page-

The Clear it Out Challenge asks for you to have a snowflake somewhere on your project and to use something up--I used the snowmen emblies which I have had for years and never knew what to use them for.

Next is Use your Stuff where the theme is Let it Snow. I used my snowflake punch which was jammed so I had to try to get to work before I could use it. It does say use tinfoil to sharpen old punches so that's what I did. It still sticks a bit so I will try to use it more often I think.

Now to Make my Monday where their theme is Santa-The Big Guy. Santa is certainly bigger than me but so are some garden gnomes :(

I really enjoyed making this page and I hope it is suitable for the 3 challenges

Have a great day

Love Chrissie x



Comments

  1. What a lovely LO, you really had a memorable day - looks just fantastic! You must have been knocked out by the time you got home! I wonder what Santa was really doing there in November? Have a great day, I just got back from a sunny walk here!
    Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. a fab layout dear chrissie...
    You make me thinking about christmas and that in one month and a few days it's all over again.....

    time flies!
    have a good day dear Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great looking page and what a cool,photo! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great lay out and it looks like you had fun meeting Santa :) Have a fabulous day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page and what a meeting with Santa, bet it makes that walk memorable for many years to come.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous page Chrissie, I love it when the photos are the focal point and not smothered in too many embellishments. Absolutely gorgeous xx

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome LO, fabulous pictures great ideas to use you stash. it sure was a blustery day and why were you out in it? I think walking in the snow is great it never seems as cold when it snows. thanks for playing along with us at Clear it Out Tuesday for the ATG with a snowflake challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh great layout! I love the photos! Thanks for joining my challenge at Use Your Stuff this week.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous layout Chrissie ! Love the embellies ! So cute ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a super piece and seeing a sign for Sewerby Hall brings back memories. We used to go there to see the deer that they had at the end of the park. You could go up to the fence and the deer would come over - they were incredibly tame - and we would feed them broken biscuits from Woolworth's!

    I can still hear my Dad saying "Make a noise like a broken biscuit, then they'll come over."

    Nice biscuits were their favourites. I bet we'd get lynched these days for feeding them junk!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chrissie, that is one wonderful page...love the layout and accessories. The photos are divine with all that lovely snow, and the photo of you and Santa is making me smile even as I write this :)

    I remember a snow where the snowflakes were softly falling and so big that when they landed on our gloves you could actually see their beautiful designs.

    LOL...I just read MorningAJ's comment..I love her last statement, about what would happen today for feeding deer junk food. I know-right?

    Love you work, Chrissie...and you.

    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the story... And your snowmen embellishments are very pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great story! I love the photos! So pretty! Your snowman embellies are very adorable too! Thanks for participating at Use Your Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for joining us at MMM with this gorgeous scrap book page... fabulous memories love all that snow!
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design