Our Feathered Friends

Hello All. Hope you have the same glorious weather as we have here this morning. Off for a walk as soon as I have done this post.

At the Craft Room this time the theme is our feathered friends.


This is what I made to house the things I can never find when I need them. Not things I use very often but nice to know where they are when I need to use them.

I started off with a small tin-well it is really thick card most of it. The white material is the ends that Vic chopped off the new blinds that he fitted and it is wonderful stuff for all sorts of crafting projects. Great for printing on which is what I did for my tin. I used one of the wonderful owls images that is on one of the sheets from Gecko Galz and I made a background from it and added the image to, what was going to be, the front.

I covered the tin with white paper so the printing would show up more when I added the fabric on top of it.

Then I added a bit of card lace to the bottom-mainly because the image wasn't quite in the middle when I trimmed the top. For every problem there is a solution:)

I am going to add this to Altered Eclectics as well because you can make any thing you like so long as you alter something in the process.

Have a great day all

Love Chrissie x


Comments

  1. Very nice Chrissie, I love that image, too. Have fun on your walk, I am off out too, although it's cold and wet here! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic and so useful.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you put the blind material through the printer! Now that's clever and it looks fab. I do love owls! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a beautifully altered tin! Great way to re-purpose the blind scraps! Thank you for playing along with us at Altered Eclectics October Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fabulous idea Chrissie! Who would have thought of using blind parts, you have! Wow, amazing! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a great place for storing now Chrissie... adorable

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous pot to keep things, beautiful image!
    Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge, welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Chrissie, your pen pot is fabulous, that's a lovely owl image you have there!!

    Great make,

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work Chrissie and great recycling as well. Love those owls.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its brilliant! Love the image and recycling is always good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love it Chrissie ! Another brilliant idea ! And the image is really beautiful... Love the colours ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea, Chrissie. Yes, I agree with the other comments, the image is wonderful. I like the colors - they're very autumn-like.

    I've been decorating the apt. for the season, cleaning and trying to get on top of things long left to clutter. Back to work today, though. Oh, I am looking forward to the day I will have full-time leisure time to do what I really love.

    Blessings,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm lost for words! Your brilliant altered tin is fantastic. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room I hope you realise how much we value your support. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing your fabulous altered tin with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great altered tin... I love the owl image, and the soft, muted effect you've created - gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant up cycling!!!! just adore those owls! thanks for sharing with us at Craft room challenge., Debi x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design