N page and Hexagon Flowers

Hello to everyone who drops into Jumbled Crafts. I always appreciated all of the comments that people leave and the friendship that is shown to me through this blog. Thank you :)

At the Craft Barn Alpha Challenge this time the letter is N -I chose the word Neopolitan


I coloured the page in the ice cream layers colours and found some images of cones on Google. Then looked up the origins of this icecream. My alpha book is bursting at the seams and a I love looking through it--what a great challenge.

A Journey of a Quilter it is time for us to join Karen for One Flower Wednesday, Well I have now completed my first ever patchwork piece and it is hung in the conservatory. I took it outside to take the picture as it is so dark here this mornings.

I used four of my hexie flowers and sewed them onto white squares then sewed them together. Added some orange ribbon and then edged with green. I'm sure it isn't perfect but I am still a learner and so pleased to have made something. Thank you for the support from all my new found patchwork friends and from my usual friends at Jumbled Crafts.

Have a wonderful day everyone

Love Chrissie x




Comments

  1. Your patchwork looks gorgeous Chrissie ! And I so love your pages ! You are so arty Sweetie ! Love your creations ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ice cream pages are fabulous ! Very creative and your quilting is beautiful. Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Halloween Chrissie! Your N spread looks amazing and such an original idea! As to your patchwork, - for someone who barely knows the front from the back of a sewing machine, I am in awe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely alpha page and the patchwork flowers are great. You have made me crave some ice-cream now! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the "N" word project and what you did with your flowers is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stripes on your journal page and great patch working too

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful projects. Those ice creams look yummy.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous alpha page - I'm so far behind with mine and your patchwork is lovely.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking great! I `m longing for ice cream now...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your choice of word - neapolitan icecream was the height of sophistication when I was little in the days before Ben & Jerry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A few more weeks then summer officially starts here and ice cream will be on the menu more often. Lovely fun page. Excellent first quilting project too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah yes, the ice cream brought back some delicious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Visiting from The Craft Barn - not my fave ice-cream treat, but superbly depicted. Very vibrant :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely word choice and brilliant job on depicting it. Been to Italy and truly, Italian icecream doesn't compare to anything else. Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmm Neapolitan ice-cream - my Grandma used to make me ice-cream soda with Neapolitan ice-cream - lovely pages and happy memories - thank you! MMx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, great word choice for your dictionary - I did spot this word but hadn't a clue how to illustrate it! you've done a fab job tho! Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your page is wonderful, I love that you included the history.

    Beautiful quilt too.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmmmm Yummy Page great word choice, your flowers are looking fabulous

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous pages, the icecream look good enough to eat. Great patchwork too.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. yummy ice cream (I love but can't have lol). Love your interpratation.
    Patchwork looks brillant too
    Thanks for playing
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design