Picture and Tag

Well we have got the rain at last which is lovely but not too keen on the cold that has arrived with it :) It is heating and Aran cardigan day here. It feels very strange to wearing so many clothes after the shorts and 
t-shirt summer months

Here is what I have been making this morning or rather finishing making as I did start it at the weekend but didn't have a clue where it was going at the time.


I bought this tatty looking frame at the carboot sale a few weeks ago. A real bargain at 20p I thought and a nice shape to use

This is the end product and I would like to enter it into three of my favourite challenge blogs.

At Altered Eclectics you can alter anything you like every month. 

At Anything but a Card the theme this time is  'Hitting the Books' so I used some die cut flower shapes that a friend sent to me a while ago. She had cut them from an old book-thanks Max! 

Last but not least is Try it on Tuesday where the challenge of Make your Own Flowers started today.

I painted the frame with some white matt paint then distressed it with  Rusty Hinge Distress Ink from Tim Holtz. When it was dry I stamped on some Chocolate Baroque images in the same colour as the distressing.
Now for the inside. 
I found a piece of old cardboard and stripped some to the corrugations then painted it roughly with the white matt paint. Next I used a stencil from Imagination Crafts and some Paper Artsy grunge paste to add texture to the background, I dabbed this with the distress ink and also used the 'dusty concord' colour on it as well.

The word is one from a clear sheet I bought a while ago-think the make is Making Memories.

I wanted to show my gratitude to my grandparents and my parents.  Mum and both of my Grandmothers were wonderful needle women and my father and grandfather taught me a love of music of all kind. My grandfather was a proffessional violist and also tuned pianos and I used to go with him at times and sit under the grand piano, at their house, when he was playing

The little wise owl is for all the many other 'wise' people who I want to thank --especially the wonderful and inspiring friends here on crafty blogs.

Thought I would add my tag for this week at Tag Tuesday where the theme this week is Mother and Child


Oh dear are you still here to the end ? Sorry it was such a long post.

Have a good rest of the day

Love Chrissie x

Comments

  1. What gorgeous make s and what a great job youbhave done with that frame! It looks gorgeous x hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful makes! Thanks for playing along at TIOT with your gorgeous altered frame! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic job you did on that frame, it looks great now, a really little treasure, love it! The tag is totally gorgeous too, such a lovely image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous altered frame; love the book page flower embellishments. Thank you for playing along with us at Altered Eclectics September Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bargain frame and what a fantastic job you have done altering it! The tag is gorgeous too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's what I call altering, so beautiful! Also love your delicate tag with its pretty colours! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your 20p frame has turned into an absolute treasure, Chrissie - beautiful work! I completely love those texty flowers, and the shabby corrugated background, with those glorious damask flourishes is perfection!
    Oh, lovely tag too - but you can tell it's the frame that's won my heart, I think!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this wonderful, thank you so much for sharing it with us at TIOT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous transformation Chrissie love the textures and colours great altered project

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic alteration, the frame looks gorgeous. Thank you for joining us over at TioT's . The tag is wonderful as well.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chrissie, I love what you did with the frame...very nice, indeed! I like the colors - sort of autumny - and the accents are wonderfully put together.

    Your tag is such a sweet tribute - love the color and image.

    Oh, I wish we would get some cooler weather - very warm still and high humidity with undaunted mosquitos in swarms. I'm dreaming of cool, crisp air and brisk fall breezes :)

    Blessings, my dear,

    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your frame is so beautiful Chrissie ! I love the embellies ! And the tag is so precious ! Love the image... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love what you've done to the frame and your tag is beautiful.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous frame Chrissie, I love your flowers, and your tag is so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great bargain Chrissie and now it's a beauty.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chrissie
    I don't know what 20p equals in US dollars but it sounds like a really, really good purchase! I also don't know what a carboot sale is, but it sounds like a lot of fun! I really like what you did with the frame and the background looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful alteration, Chrissie!

    Love your upcycled frames and the selfmade flowers! Beautiful textures and colours!

    Thank you so much for sharing this with us at TIOT!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a fab creation. Thanks for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month and hope to see you again in future monthly challenges
    Elaine aka Ellapu

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design