A Journal Page and a Twinchie

Hello Everyone. At last we have some rain here and the garden looks very happy. There was thunder and lightening during the night which wasn't too pleasant but that seems to have gone away now.

There are always lots of new challenges at the beginning of the month and here are two that I did yesterday

At Show us your Twinchies the theme is Autumn



I always love the colours of Autumn and made a background paper then added a silky leaf and two dried beans seeds from last years crop.

I am entering this at Craft Room Challenge as well as the theme is Trees and Leaves

Next is a Journal page which I made for  Art Journal Journey where the theme is Less is More this time. Well I have only just started to join in there as the artist are amazing. When I saw the theme I thought I would duck out this time as I am a 'More is Better for me' type of person.

I stamped the letters to spell NATURE then masked it and stamped images from a set by Joanna Sheen

I then lightly added some pale coloured inks, with a pad, over the images. I am hoping this qualifies as a journal page. It is in my journal :)

At Anything but a Card there is going to be a new challenge on one week of the month and Julie wants to see a journal page for this month's mini challenge. This is mine Julie-hope you like it.

Have a great day everyone

Love Chrissie x







Comments

  1. Two very contrasting pieces Chrissie :) love the richness of your twinchie :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your nature page :)
    It's right up my street.
    Beautiful!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both nature designs are great, love the vibrant background for the Twinchie and your AJ page is LIM, excellent! Have a wonderful day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely captured the 'less is more' theme with your nature page. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous autumnal twinchie, love the wonderful colours. Great nature page, love the stamps used. Thank you for joining us for the Show Us Your Twinchies Challenge.

    Sylv xx
    Show Us Your Twinchies DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rich colours and your twinchie. The page is beautiful, super images.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, love your journal page! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely artwork!
    I too am a more is better person usually ;)
    You did an excellent job on your journal page and the Lunaria stamp is one I have never seen...great bee too!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry I had to delete above comment because of to many mistakes..lol

    I really think you made the perfect page for the new theme over on Art Journal Journey and I am very happy that you are with us again this month Chrissie! The twinchie is great too - I really love the dried beans! what fab idea to use them on it!
    We have a wonderful indian summer at the moment, I will send a bit from it to you Chrissie!
    have a nice weekend!

    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your English is amazing Susi so no need to delete :)

      Delete
  11. What a brilliant twinchie - bursting with autumn colour and life... the bean seeds are a fantastic addition.

    Love your Less Is More page too - like you, I struggle with "less", but I think this works beautifully.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great twinchie, love the background colours

    But I love your journal page, simple but effective - fabulous

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so beautiful Chrissie ! Love the embellies on the inchie ! Too cool ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous autumn colours x hugs x trace x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous journal page (love the twinchie too!). I need that bee stamp for sure! Thanks for joining in with the first spotlight mini-challenge at Anything But A Card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely journal page which says it all - your masking works so well. Thanks for joining us at ABAC for our first mini challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely nature page! Also I like your autuum painting. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. 2 gorgeous creations!! perfect for our challenge, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two wonderful projects Chrissie, I love the colours of the twinchie and your nature page is lovely, thank you for sharing them with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Are you sure you are a more is better kinda girl? Your page is brilliant. Your Twinchie perfect for the season and I love the different materials you have used. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have a very inspiring blog, dear Chrissie, lots of different aspects of art to see!
    Greets,
    Manu

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design