Patchwork Quilt

Good Morning All. Hope you will have a good day what ever you have planned.

Here is my new obsession. For years my daughter has been making wonderful patchwork quilts by hand and by machine and all I have done is design and cut out the cardboard shapes so she could sew them into patterns for the quilts.

Recently I started looking at some of the flowers on a challenge at Journey of a Quilter and I thought I would like to have a go at a quilt made with the flower patterns. Like everything else I do I got completely carried away and have been sewing flowers every time I sit down to watch television or listen to the radio.

This is my entry for this weeks One Flower Wednesday-you will notice that our conservatory carpet is full of bits of cotton:)




Here are two of the bigger pieces with 7 flowers in each and some of the blue material I showed you here though it looks a lot paler colour on that post. It is really the dark navy



All made by hand with the cardboard hexagons cut out by Vic. I haven't a clue how to join everything together when the parts are finished but I reckon that is way off at the moment.

Thanks for dropping in today

Love Chrissie x




Comments

  1. It's beautiful, what a lot of work! Hugs,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful needlework ! You are a woman of many talents :) Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first visit to your blog...and I love your red/orange hexi flower...aren't they the funniest things to make!!

    Val from myplvl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying making them and seeing what the end product looks like

      Love Chrissie xx

      Delete
  4. Welcome to the group. You're definitely off to a wonderful start and a life-long obsession :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely welcome I am looking forward to joining in

      Love Chrissie x

      Delete
  5. oh my gosh .. what a lot of work Chrissie.. this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilting, Chrissie - and how lovely to have a crafty obsession that you can carry on with while watching tv!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have got the bug and your sewing is SO neat! I've sewn a few hexies over the summer too but I've no idea what I'm going to do with them! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Yes it is a real addiction. You just have to start and it takes you away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always admire the ones you make and followed your link

      Love Chrissie x

      Delete
  9. Beautiful flowers and colours. It certainly is an addiction but a lovely one :-))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to learning more from everone

      Love Chrissie xx

      Delete
  10. Welcome to One Flower Wednesday Chrissie, your flowers are beautiful!!!! Love the extra row of hexies, makes for a more traditional hexagon flower. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased to have joined you Karen it is a lovely blog. Thank you for saying my flowers were ok with the extra row

      Love Chrissie x

      Delete
  11. What beautiful hexies! They really are addicting, so I'm sure we'll be seeing more from you. Stitch on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to join in most weeks and learn from all of you as I progress

      Love Chrissie xx

      Delete
  12. WOW Chrissie this is wonderful, there is obviously no end to your talent :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your new obsession, Crissy! Your flowers are lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to learn more from all you lovely ladies

      Chrissie xx

      Delete
  14. Thank you for the lovely comment. It is very encouraging

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design