Challenge 74 Out of a Hat

Hello to Friends and Followers and a warm welcome to Jumbled Crafts . I hope your week has gone well and that you have fitted in lots of crafting

Over at Out of a Hat we have the theme Stencils and/or Masks so please join in if you have time.


I decided to make my own stencil and use it as the front of a book I have been meaning to make for a long time. Covered an A4 book with strong card and some paper I have had for a while.

All you will need




I made my own stencil by using a piece of plastic and a die cut shape-the die is by Joy and called Floral Flourishes. Make sure that the piece of plastic is big enough to leave a space around the shape. Cut out the shape and then use as a stencil--then you can turn the plastic over and use your brayer to make the shape again with the excess ink on the plastic. Just use an ink pad and the cut-out shape then turn the shape over and bray to leave the shape again. You also have the coloured shape to use on a card or other crafty work-all from one home made stencil. Just wipe it over and use it again and again.

Thought I would show you what I am doing inside the book.

I am cataloging all of my stamps-only done the wooden ones so far but it is fun to see stuff I had forgotten I had.

I wonder what Sam, Janet and Sandra have made--do pop along and find out.

Nice to have you drop by Jumbled Crafts

Love Chrissie xx



Comments

  1. Highly organised Chrissie!! I'm envious. Love that you have made your own stencil and used it brilliantly. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background Chrissie ! It's fantastic to be so well organised ! Well done Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely piece, great stencil you have made, too. If you like organising stamps, I have a few hundred here that need to be catalogued....Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great book cover showcasing the different techniques with the homemade stencil. Also a great idea to create your own. I like the idea of having a book with all your stamp images, I've been trying to organize images on my PC. Take care, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for organizing stamp collection love your stencil and techniques Chrissie

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh that looks like an interesting technique to try!!

    Great storage for your stamps too.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you have a year or two to spare you can do mine as well tehe a super cover for your book :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great techniques, Chrissie. TFS! Your idea for a stamp book is fantastic. I too have accumulated many stamps (both digital and cling) so it would be nice to have an easy reference. Hope all is well with you! Hugs, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chrissie love the mask you made it has worked wonderfully with your book cover design. Good idea to catalogue your stamps too. Hugs Sandra XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant book cover Chrissie & a fab idea to keep track of your stamps
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how cool - those flourishes are so lovely, getting progressively more ethereal. What a great design, and what a wise undertaking to catalogue your stamps...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design