Home is where the Heart Is

Happy Friday All. Hope you have a wonderful day.
 Looks like it is going to be another hot day today so I am going to set the fan on a high setting and get my feet up to watch the golf on television all day. I sometimes wish I wasn't such a big sports fan as I do spend a lot of hours watching different events. I did used to play a lot of sport but old age took over so I do the next best thing I guess.:) I can do a bit of crafting at the same time though.

At Try it on Tuesday the theme this week is 'Home is Where the Heart is'.


I made this hanging. First of all I found the word Home online and made a larger version to to print onto card. Then I cut it out and stuck it onto another piece of card. Good old distressed inks were used to cover it all and spritzed with water to add effect. I used a die for the hearts and stuck those on and a few jewels. All that remained to do was as the peel-off gold edging, the raffia to hang it up and the flowers.


Thought I had better add my tag that I made for Tag Tuesday where the theme this week is The Roaring Twenties. I have only recently been accepted there and I am enjoying seeing all the wonders that people make each week.

A simple deco shape and a stamped image and peel-offs.


Thank you for dropping by

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. I love your two creations Chrissie ! You always inspire me ! Now I feel like making a "Home" door hanger too !!! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both creations are wonderful Chrissie! Love what you have made for TIOT, it's a beautiful hanging to grace any home. Thanks for playing along with us at TIOT! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two mighty fine creations Chrissie, how lovely to walk through that door and see this beautiful hanging every time! Hugs, Ira x
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  4. a beautiful hanging.. I love this colors! and the tag looks great -perfect ASIA style Chrissie!

    xxx Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...a couple of beauties here Chrissie, love the soft pastle violet shades on your hanging and all the little hearts look so pretty, and your tag is such a contast of colour, very striking!...have a lovely weekend Chrissie...Mel:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fantastic projects. Love the 'home' hanging, beautiful soft colours. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You not watching the cricket Chrissie? The hanging is very pretty - I love mauve. The Art Deco tag is really on theme. Well done.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great hanging, love the colours you've used.
    Thanks for joining us at TioT
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like this "Home" hanging and reading about how you made it. I like your red Art Nouveau tag too, very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, Chrissie, dear...I just love your "Home" hanging and your tag. Both are very pretty, yet distinctly individual. The hanging on the softer side, like a cool breeze, and the tag very clean cut and edgy with the bright red, black, and gold accents. I really like them.

    I hope you enjoyed your sports day.

    Sending you love and best wishes,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty hanging, and that Art Deco tag is just fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two beautiful pieces Chrissie.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design