Alpha Page and Christmas Gift Bag

Hello Everyone-hope you are having a great day. It is still hot here today though it is thick cloud and dull looking. We are still reeling from our brush with Royalty yesterday and were pleased to see that Prince Charles and the Duchess still had the same clothes on when they went to see the new baby as they had when we saw them yesterday. Prince Charles's buttonhole was a simple cornflower

So what have I been doing since then ?


This is my page page for the Alpha Challenge at the Craft Barn where the letter this time is T and there are no twists I used paints for most of the background then distressed in on bubble wrap.

I chose the word Tattoo as I just love Tattoo designs and the skill that goes into most of them. The picture on the left is one on a girl's middle back. I haven't any Tattoos but I am sure I would have had at least one if they had been the fashion when I was younger. I would have chosen something like the little owl I stamped and  would have  had it placed discreetly--mostly because my dad would have been very cross if he had seen me with one lol.

The next challenge was at Anything but a Card and I thought no chance, when I saw that the theme this time is Christmas in July. I have two boxes with Christmas crafty stuff in and it stays hidden at this time of year. Well I unearthed it and found all the treasures that I have kept--most need binning I reckon.

I bought three of these bags for a pound and never used them last year.


This is what I have done with one of them. I have lots of Buzzcraft stamps and this one had never been used. It was stuck to the card and I thought it might have perished. Seeing as how it hadn't I used it as a centre piece for a topper for the bag.I embossed the backing with a Cuttlebug folder then made a ribbon flower to match the bag. The silver disc was in one of the boxes as was the Christmas tree die cut and the bow.

Now I wondering if I should hide the boxes again, sort them out and just make one box of them or just leave them on a shelf in case there are more early Christmas challenges.

Always lovely to have you pop by and thank you to everyone for your wonderful comments.

Love Chrissie xx





Comments

  1. Fabulous tattoo pages, just great. Also your Christmas bag looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tattoo pages and the gift bag is gorgeous ! Love the embossed background... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tattoo is a great theme, love how the tattoo on the skin is the sentiment. Beautiful Christmas bag as well. Too funny that Prince Charles & Camilla still had the same clothes on two days in a row? they must have been very busy. Lots of excitement with the new Prince. :) Cheers, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a brilliant word choice, and the tattoos are great. We must get on with our T page

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tattoo page, love the bubble wrap effect too. Gorgeous bag, love how it turned out, very clever to make the card front on the front of the bag, so much nicer than the little tags. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Tattoo page, super images. Its a gorgeous Christmas make as well.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tribal pages look fabulous Chrissie and your bag makeover is just so sweet! Hugs, Ira x
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an interesting word choice! I love these tattoo designs! Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a thrill for you yesterday Chrissie! Love your tattoo inspired page today. So clever. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tattoo page - never would have thought of that word. I would still be dancing a jig if I saw the Royals up close and so personal. Ha! to think that Prince Charles and the Duchess had on the same clothes. I loved you pictures. Again wonderful pages for the'T' challenge and your Christmas bag is wonderful!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fabulous choice of word Chrissie and I love all your images on the right hand page, they look brilliant!!!

    Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one, that's what I think every time I see those words 'Christmas in July' have no idea where it's come from, but it's way too early for me to be thinking about it, but well done for making something.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not a lover of tattoos but DO love this page and tats on it. Your Christmas bag is beautiful Chrissie.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your tattoo page is brilliant - inspired choice of word... and great altered Christmas gift bag too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant pages, I love your choice of word and your Christmas bag is lovely.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely page great word

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great word love the illustrations :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a brilliant idea to give a Christmas bag a makeover. Fantastic project, thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card this time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes I too think your page is fab but I am not a fan of tattoos. They say for the first time ever more females are taking to the ink than males, so times are changing. So maybe you should go get your little owl. I agree some of the art work is fabulous though.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab choice of word and such clever pages! Some tattoo's are a work of art....I've not got any...too much of a wimp to have a needle near me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great word choice and I love the tribal designs you've used. Not a big fan of the tat myself but i do appreciate the skill required to do good designs. If you are in to Art Journaling tattoo design mags have great images for using on your pages. MMx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful pages, love the background and the images. Your Christmas bag is fabulous too.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how you dressed up the gift bag! The embossed piece is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well done on your page Chrissie. Love all the different tattoos on the right page.
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design