Out of a Hat Challenge 66

Hello Friends and Followers. Hope your day goes well and that the sun is shining where you are. I feel I am so lucky to have so many people pop by and leave comments and would like to say a big thank you to all of you.


This week at Out of a Hat we have the theme 'Inspired by a Song with a Flower in the Title' There are so many songs with flowers in the title it was difficult to know where to start

I chose Lilac Wine by Elkie Brookes. If you want to hear it then click on the title and listen.

Heaven knows why I chose it cause it makes me cry every time I hear it as it was popular at a time in my life I would rather not remember. Good to cry sometimes and remember life wasn't always as good as it is now.

Here is what I made

I have had this wine bag for ages so thought I would decorate it and maybe decorate a bottle of wine to go inside it as well. I would make some lilac wine but I haven't got any lilac lol.

I painted the bag with white emulsion then while it was still wet smeared some lilac coloured painted on it. I found the lilac flower image and printed it out and coloured it with Promarkers. Then I made the lablel by printing out part of he song. A little button and ribbon to make the ties and that's it .

Now you will want to see what Tracy, Sandra and Janet have made so do pop to their blogs and say hello.

Love Chrissie xx



Comments

  1. Hi Chrissie,
    Yes I know this song, just had a listen to it on your link, great colours for your wine bag.
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bag, love the delicate colours. Lilac is very pretty. I have never heard the song before, but it's good to hear something new. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. your bag looks lovely , gorgeous flowers too! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is totally awesome Chrissie ! I love the colours and the stamped flowers are so beautiful ! Lilac is one of my favourite flowers ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chrissie. Great gift bag with lots of detail. Sorry won't be able to join in, going away. hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the song but had forgotten how sad it was your bag is much more cheerful :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever stuff... Lilac Wine for a wine gift bag! And gorgeous colours and images - probably my favourite flower, the lilac, so I love this.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of it, but love how you've decorated your wine bag

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous gift bag, love the lilac images.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful bag, lovely lilacs. I remember this song. I'm sorry it brings back unhappy memories for you. For me, it brings back memories of laughter and dramatic arm-waving! Yet, I clicked on your link and found the performance very moving - it brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your lovely project. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chrissie, I love the bag! I just love the way you painted it the colors are terrific), and decorated with the lilacs, and the sentiment added is perfect!! It came out beautifully. It's perfect for even hanging, even if it is a bag.

    Sending love and hugs,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous wine bag, Chrissie. I love purple and lilacs. You've turned a sad time into a beautiful creation. Thanks for having me as guest designer this month. Hugs, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chrissie love those colours and the bag is so beautifully decorated perfect for a great song. Hugs Sandra XXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. just wonderful Chrissie.. my entry will follow .. what a great challenge theme !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am listening to it now, I don't think it made it over to the US, or if it did I don't remember it. Lovely song and beautiful bag you made to go with it too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a beautiful bag chrissie.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anyone receiving this bag with wine will probably prefer the bag to the wine - I know I would. What a super job you have made of this - lovely work Chrissie - as always.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design