Come on Spring

Hello Everyone and a warm welcome to my 90th follower. I know people come and go and maybe tomorrow there will only be 89 but for today there are 90 so,  a big thank you to all of you and to the many who drop by and leave wonderful  comments.

Well Spring still seems far away as I look out of the window at the dark clouds, the cold wind and the daffodil buds which are still waiting patiently to burst into flower

Thought I might help Spring along by entering two challenges.

At Tando Creative Challenges this time the theme is New Beginnings and what could be a better new beginning than the birth of a new life. When I was a chemistry lab technician at a large school they had eggs every Spring. All had been tested to make sure they contained chicks and they were for the first year lessons really. What softies we all became as word spread that one of the shells had a hole pecked  in it and all the staff flocked from far and wide to watch the chick immerge. Not a pretty site with its feather stuck down and looking all beak and eyes but in no time at all all fluffy and cute. ahh

 This is the tag I made for the challenge. The cute chick and eggs were a free digi image I found online and I printed it onto parchment and coloured it from behind. The 'new beginning' is printed onto parchment as well. The ribbon is coloured with distressed stain -come on Spring !

The second challenge is Show us Your Twinchies which is a challenge not to be missed. Always wonderful ideas for these small works of art. The theme this time is Spring.

All the stamps are from a little set I have had for ages--it is a Docraft set and may have been free on a magazine a long time ago. I did draw the simple birds--I guess you could tell that I did lol. The images look a bit shiny in real life because I found lots of Sakura pens I had forgotten about so I used those. Nice to find things you had forgotten about.

Thank you for dropping by

Love Chrissie xx






Comments

  1. what a little sweetie Chrissie :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, very sweet tag and twinchie! Spring is still hiding itself behind rain and snow showers, perhaps tomorrow? Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie! Love this little Twinchie really reminds me of what spring should be like lol! Thanks for joining in this month, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that little chickie. Don't think there's any pets allowed in schools these days - health and safety!! Lovely sprung twinchie too. We had sunshine today but still pretty chilly! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely twinchie, love the spring flowers. Thanks for joining us this month for the Show Us Your Twinchies challenge.

    Sylv xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehehe, lovely tag, great idea and what a fab little twinchie

    I wish the sun would come out too instead of the dull grey skies!!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful makes , love the cute image on the tag.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo...I like your spring art. And the little chick tag is so sweet. I also like the 3D accents you added.

    Blessings for a wonderful spring,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Chrissie these are so sweet ! I love the little chick and the cuuuuute embellies ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tag and twinchie Chrissie, what's not to love about chicks! We've got the usual grey sky again today, but fingers crossed for a bit of sunshine later on xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tag and twin hie, fab spring like colours! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awe, these are really Springlike Chrissie! Lovely work! I have to agree that there is something very exciting about watching chicks hatch! Thank you for joining in our challenge.

    Karen from Tando Creative x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great tag for the Tando challenge, that chick is cute. I've still to post mine. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great tag - so fresh - thank you for sharing at Tando creative

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute little Spring twinchie. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design