Sharing some sunshine

Hello Everyone and welcome to my blog-hope you enjoy your visit.

Happy Easter and I hope the sun is shining where you are as it is here at the moment.

It definitely shone yesterday so we set off on a 'summer' bus that goes in and out of the caravan parks along the coast to the north of us.

We decided to get off the bus at Primrose Valley and walk down the beautiful ravine there to the beach and along the beach to Filey. It was quite busy in Filey which was good to see, so we joined the holiday makers to enjoy a walk along the seafront. We had planned a much longer walk along the Brig which you can see in the distance behind this beach hut model
This is just so cute and I would love it in my garden or one like it. Not sure Vic is skilled enough to make one but who knows.


Further along the prom we met this very tall fisherman. I love these huge figures that seem to be popping up along the seafronts of North Yorkshire.

As you can see at this time of the day the sky was blue with fluffy clouds but in no time at all it turned very dark and started to snow so we made a hasty retreat to a cafe for coffee and a toasted teacake. By the time we had finished that the sun was out again but we had already detoured towards the town instead of the Brig. We changed the walk we had planned and went through the cliff top gardens and the park and down another ravine to the beach again.

Brilliant day out and it blew the cobwebs away.

Love Chrissie xx


Comments

  1. ...great posting Chrissie, you took me back along memory lane :) I have visited Filey as a child and stayed also at the Bultlins there (my parents used to be Red Coats at one time! yikes that was so many years ago!!) in those days I cared about was sand, shells and candy floss...beautiful coastline up North...Easter blessing Chrissie...Melxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely! I spent a lot of holidays in Filey in my youth! It snowed here yesterday all day, we saw the sun for half an hour this morning, but now it looks like snow again....happy Easter! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a funny big man! Sounds great - fabulous to have a bit of sun...
    your faces card ist wonderful Chrissie...
    POP ART .. I like this very much!

    xxx
    Happy Easter


    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I don't know Chrissie a few lolly pop stick and I bet Vic could work his magic ;)
    Glad you had a nice day out :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds a wonderful day out. Lovely photos.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you were so lucky with the weather - adorable beach hut! Thanks for sharing your photos, and I hope your lovely Easter weekend continues!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see some sun at last - hey!!

    I'm sure you could really scale down that hut and make a very very mini mini one!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow great to see some more of your walk about photos I am looking forward to our trip to Yorkshire I have fallen in love with the whole place. I agree with Von nothing is too much for Vic to achieve. I love that big fisherman too hugs Max x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That hut looks super, it would be so much fub to re-create! Looks like you had a great day out!!
    Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos Chrissie. Love both. Just as you are starting to get some sunshine we are losing ours (boo hoo) although we really need some rain so I shouldn't complain. Hope you had a nice Easter.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design